Why is BeamNG Drive so dark?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Tesla66, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

Since I first bought the game, I always thought how it was odd that there were buildings and streetlights on official maps, but at night, they would not have lights. This has always bothered me, so I just want to ask why haven't lights been included in the stock maps? I Know I could easily go into the terrain editor and add them myself, but I just don't understand why they aren't in the maps by default. Would it effect performance to a degree in which the minimal suggested computer specifications would need to be changed? I just always thought that BeamNG would be so much more realistic with lights that would come on automatically at night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they want to do something like they turn on automatically when it darkens and trun off when brightens. But they are focusing on other things.

3. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

I've seen people do it on custom maps, I just hope it's planed for the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeffbox

jeffbox
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, there are people on the team that they care about the details. :) Patience.

5. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

yeah

6. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

Due to the game engine lighting affects have a large impact on performance. Even just the headlights can bring some people's systems to their knees. I'm guessing that's one reason.

I guess another reason is that due to the game engine lighting doesn't go as far as it should, and due to that even just the headlights have to be almost as bright as the sun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice