1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Why is my game blurry?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by s2k2009, Jul 3, 2021.

1. s2k2009

s2k2009
    Expand Collapse

After I took a couple of screenshots in photo mode involving blur, my game is now like this. Cleared cache, and tested in safe mode to no avail. I don't know why this is happening. Also, when I go into photo mode, the settings are reset but my depth of field control settings are still there. I'm not sure why this is happening though, why it's blurry even when not in photo mode...

note: the last time I took a photo with blur in it was in the showroom map, black background, grand marshal drifting, you should find it in community screenshots thread

Attached Files:

• weirdthing.png
    #1 s2k2009, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

go to postfx settings,here you can tune far and close blur

3. s2k2009

s2k2009
    Expand Collapse

that actually fixed it lol, i don't know why it tweaked post fx settings though.

4. Bayotter

Bayotter
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for replying to s2k2009, veljko, I'm having the same issue now, even though I have had BeamNG for a few years and it has always been crystal clear. (System adequate: i7-7700 , NVIDIA GTX, 16GB etc. etc.) Suddenly, it went blurry after a recent update. So bummed out. I completely removed the game, along with all of the mod files, and reinstalled it from Steam. Same issue still. (Wreckfest has incredible detail, especially with their recent update, so doesn't seem to be my hardware.) I have no idea how to use the post fx settings, although I see the controls. Is this something new now? I tried a few adjustments but don't know how to use them really and it doesn't seem to change anything. I have the graphics set to HIGH. Can anyone explain what each of those PostFX controls should be set to? Not sure why I'd even have to do this now, BUT......whatever. This is just for playing the game as usual, not taking photos. Thanks much guys!!

5. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

can you post a image of your game?

also,check go to options - graphics and find anti aliasing mode,it should be SMAA.
    now for postfx settings,it should look like this

DesktopScreenshot20210724-16001810.png and sorry for english

#5 veljko, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  6. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Go to the graphics settings and in there click "Reset PostFX" or something along those lines.

7. Bayotter

Bayotter
    Expand Collapse

Anti-aliasing is already SMAA. I clicked RESET POSTFX before and again, just to be sure. Nothing changes. Made sure graphics set to HIGH.

I have attached a screen shot. Interesting that the screen shot appears a bit sharper than what I see on the screen, although not as sharp as in the past. Since Wreckfest is so sharp and clear (and I am talking BRILLIANT), I am wondering now if there is a problem with the NVIDIA settings that are game specific for Beam NG. I've never had to fool with those settings, and I wouldn't know where to begin. [I lost the use of my Oculus Rift headset, and I am convinced (without proof really, just a hunch) that NVIDIA is the cause in some way. Just sayin'.]

Any thoughts guys? Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Screenshot.png
  8. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

maybe the focus is turned down

9. Bayotter

Bayotter
    Expand Collapse

How do I adjust focus? If you mean the monitor, there is no issue with focus anywhere except in Beam.

I noticed something else. Everything is larger too, such as font, controls. etc., as if the resolution of the game is very low. On high resolution before, everything was not just sharp and clear, but smaller on the screen. I'm beginning to think that the problem is the resolution of just this game, rather than focus, despite all the controls of the game being on the highest settings. It's as if they weren't working. That is why I am thinking the problem is located outside of the game itself. Maybe. The only place I suspect is NVIDIA, possibly after a recent update? It's not the OS since I have sharp and clear resolution everywhere else but Beam.

And to add to the mystery, I have version .23.3.0, but Beam shows I should have 23.3.3. And steam verifies the integrity of the files, with no updates pending. I think it was .3 before I deleted everything and reinstalled. What a mess.

Thanks as always guys.

#9 Bayotter, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I believe it was in postfx settings but I can't find that context menu.

11. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

maybe go to nvidia control panel or geforce experience and there you can tweak settings

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice