Why is the experimental build booby trapped..

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ThreeDTech21, Nov 15, 2014.

1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Load the semi into the stable build and it has no wheels.. nice trick guys i get it, but why is the use of the new cars limited to the unstable experimental build, is it supposed to be some kind of incentive to rope us into being product testers for experimental?.. I say that's bad form. Experimental is a buggy mess, crashes waayy to much and its not even the type of bugs that can be overlooked such as textures popping in, missing or a button not working etc. I mean complete crashes to desktop.. like non stop. I'm with you guys on being a tester and all but i would like to play the game with the new stuff also at some point, and at this point experimental is not a game or beta, its a tester. Locking the new props and cars to a tester is low guys, just low.

2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

That's because the new cars have features that the stable build doesn't support. The experimental is obviously going to be buggy because its... Experimental. Bleeding edge. The new cars aren't finished yet either so they don't have interiors and get jBeam updates still to.

3. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

What he^^ said is true, but it also makes it harder for the *ahem* pirate sites to get ahold of vehicles such as the semi and sunburst etc.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This is an interesting theory.

5. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Well im not sure that it was meant to be that way by any means, but its true nonetheless that these features in the experimental version havnt been pirated (yet)

6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

That's like asking why you cant put GTA4 cars in GTA SA.

Exparimental is newer and has many many changes, and will eventually be fixed and become stable. Simple as that. No 'roping you in' to anything, it's just a newer version of the game with many many changes.

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

That's what I mean by interesting. Could multi-dae be a built in piracy preventer?....on purpose?...by accident?.....none of the above?....interesting.

8. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Wtf guys, seriously. We are working on it actively, this is why its bugged. We are not trying to lock out something. The Multi-dae will simply allow everyone to create mods that do not require to change the main .dae file anymore.

If you are unhappy with the experimental builds, please revert to the stable build and let us work please, thanks

#8 tdev, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  9. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

I agree with tdev. Use the goddamn stable if your not happy with experimental, experimental is called experimental for a reason :|.

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Experimental doesn't mean "Alpha" or "Beta" of the next Stable. It means it's a developer version full of bugs that are constantly being worked on. I fail to see why people can't have the common sense to understand such a simple concept.

11. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

Because many people are made to expect everything to be perfect and flawless (or at least, that's what I see it as).

12. Quannix

Quannix
    Expand Collapse

...what? I can't even...what?
    Why are you trying to give the devs a hard time about something that clearly isn't their fault, or even intentional?

13. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

How do you have 400+ posts and yet are this ignorant?
    Experimental is full of unfinished content. The content is not in the stable build because... wait for it...
    IT. IS. NOT. DONE. YET.
    The features you are whining about not being in the stable build aren't fully functional yet. The vehicles you are complaining about not being in the stable build are not fully featured yet. The experimental build content relies on experimental new additions which remain somewhat unfinished and/or unstable. As soon as those features and vehicles are finished and work without major issue, I am sure they will be placed in the stable build.

The BeamNG developers are a small, very community connective team. They are not withholding content from you or attempting to get one over on you. Hell, a head project member took the time to read and respond to your ignorant little rant, and that says something about the high quality of their community relations.
    We're not talking about EA Games or Ubisoft here, the company isn't out to screw you over, they're just trying to build a quality product.

14. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Lol, if you want the new stuff, at the risk of it not running properly you play experimental, if you want the old stuff that is nearly guaranteed to work properly, you play with the old "stable" update.

15. willdev

willdev
    Expand Collapse

AmberPixel, if you want to get experimental running properly, try this.

1. Open steam and delete local content for BeamNG from the right click menu.

2. Close steam. (full exit)

3. Go to Documents/MyDocuments and delete the 'BeamNG.drive' folder.

4. Go to Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\ and delete all contents in there.

5. Open steam.

6. Before installing anything, right click on Beamng, go to properties. Go to the betas tab and opt in to experimental straight away.

7. Now install the game again.

It should work, tdev has said switching builds after install results in steam not properly replacing some files. As soon as you start to add mods you run the risk of things getting broken again but on the whole it should be OK.

16. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

But the experimental is working properly for him. He's talking about the fact that its crashing because its unstable

17. willdev

willdev
    Expand Collapse

No, it's not working if it's crashing. Mine never crashes and I followed the process above. If it doesn't help then fine but its worth a try as he's clearly having more trouble with it than everyone else.

18. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Mine crashes sometimes but not that often. But still, its the experimental version for a reason

19. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yes they have to optimize it for each hardware set up.

20. luchvk

luchvk
    Expand Collapse

Though it is a problem that you're having, assuming that content from a newer build of a game will work flawlessly with an older build is a little illogical. This situation is fairly different from most games I've seen though. The devs are frequently modifying the groundwork of BeamNG's, and possibly Torque 3D's, code. Recently new builds have meant new features along with new content. So some content has features that are unavailable on previous builds, like others have said. You just have to understand that some newer content and some older content may become completely incompatible between builds (without modifications of course).

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice