1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Why is UI Hardware Acceleration turned off?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by angelo234, Oct 25, 2021.

1. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

I was able to find the CEF DevTools UI which allows me to see all sorts of debugging info about BeamNG's UI. And I found that GPU Raster (hardware acceleration) is turned off. I'm just wondering why UI hardware acceleration is turned off (and where did the setting go in the options UI?) since it's pretty beneficial as it enables GPU rendering (when off the CPU does all the rendering and is less efficient), and especially since BeamNG is a heavily CPU intensive game where every bit of CPU power is needed.

Also I was trying to render some OpenGL/WebGL stuff in a UI app but it seems like WebGL is disabled (which looks to be the result of hardware acceleration turned off)

Capture.png

Here's how to open CEF DevTools if you're curious (run Lua command in GE Lua console):
    Code:
    toggleCEFDevConsole()

2. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

CTRL+U also toggles the CEF console, by the way.

As for it being removed after they added it, I'm not really sure... Maybe it introduced more bugs than they originally expected?
    I do remember the options menu having a toggle for it at one point, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zenta

zenta
    Expand Collapse

aaah so they got rid of the "Enable HW Acc." button, i kept seeing old posts of people saying that it's in the options>graphics but could not find it

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice