1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Why the old cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImadPotato, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ImadPotato

ImadPotato
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed BeamNG is somewhat working on older cars. I think they should be working on modern cars.
    Please no hate. Just asking a question here :p

2. CarbineCrazy

CarbineCrazy
    Expand Collapse

I think the aim is just to have a wide range of vehicles, from a range of different classes over different periods. So we have a nice playing-field of cars from different eras.
    • 1953 - Burnside V8 - Sedan
    • 1969 - Barstow - Muscle Coupe
    • 1976 - Moonhawk - Muscle/Sports Coupe
    • 1977 - T-Series - Semi Truck
    • 1981 - Bolide - Sports Coupe
    • 1982 - Pigeon - Compact Pickup
    • 1987 - Covet - Hatchback
    • 1988 - Pessima - FWD/AWD Sedan
    • 1988 - D-Series - Pickup
    • 1990 - 200BX - Coupe
    • 1990 - Grand Marshall - RWD Sedan
    • 1994 - Roamer - SUV
    • 1995 - H-Series - Van
    • 1996 - Pessima - FWD Sedan
    • 2009 - Sunburst - FWD/RWD Sedan
    • 2013 - SBR4 - Super Hatchback
    So right now we literally have cars spanning across 50 years on various different platforms and classes, so lots of variety, and most of which that happen to have been created recently are older cars. We'll be getting more modern cars in the future I'm sure, such as the upcoming ETK.

edit: plus gabester is an independent man who dont need no rules when creatin cars

#2 CarbineCrazy, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

You have several cars from the 80's to today. We dont need as many new cars as we do older cars due to that today most cars are kinda universal with crash safety and crumple zones and everything else in general. Really its the engine under the hood, parts of the chassis, and the body that are different.

BeamNG is using a soft body physics engine, and to showcase it instead of having a million of the same car, The dev's are adding in cars from all different eras to showcase the variety of the engine, and in a way, to show what it is capable of.(Already mentioned.)

Compare a crash in the Burnside special to lets say the Barstow. Same speed, Different weight, Different frame structure.
    The results are noticeably different when hit in the same place.

Having only cars from 2010 or so just makes no sense when you have an engine that is capable of simulating so much more...
    Trust me, The dev's know what they are doing :)

4. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Because not only brand new cars are cool.
    Old cars are actually far cooler, even as recently as the 90s.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there do very many old car, but I think they just finished the car planned in this list : http://wiki.beamng.com/Vehicles_In_Development

When there car has been planned, the dev (I think) have not the experience to do modern car with many small and hard detail, like the Sunburst and the SBR4, Who is modern car, and there car has been make more recently . :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice