Why you should buy a controller for this game.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by thevidmaster, Jun 7, 2014.

1. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

The title of the thread says it all.
    I have been (like many) playing BeamNG with a keyboard and mouse. Driving with this equipment hinders the games physics to four different maneuvers: STEPONTHEGASSOF***INGHARDTHATYOUBREAKTHROUGHTHEFLOOR, STEPONTHEBRAKESSOHARDYOUEXPERIENCE1000000GSOFFORCE, all the way left, and all the way right. That wont provide you the best experience you can get, which has led some to complain about the handling. If you were to buy an Xbox 360 controller, or even an xbox one controller, then download the drivers and input map, it will change your experience with this game like you would not believe. Now that microsoft released the xbox one drivers, i can use my xbox one controller on beamng. lets just say, this is the most realistic a game has ever felt.

This may sound hard to believe, but the Bolide is drivable now that I have a controller.

2. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

I agree, but was a thread really necessary for this?

3. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

Its for those idiot that say the bolid has bad handling -_-

4. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Using a controller wont help *them*, they wont utilize the fine control of the sticks and gas and just flor it and complain more "i thought you said you could actually drive with the xbawks controller wtf"

5. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

I put this in off-topic for a reason. Its more of an informational topic for those who think the game is unrealistic. So, in my perspective, yes it is.

6. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Good point. Thank you for arguing it rationally instead of just calling me an asshat :p

7. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

If you want a good experience with any driving game/sim then I strongly suggest investing your money into a steering wheel. A gaming pad just won't do justice. Back in the day when the G25 was fresh and new I spent over 300 bucks getting one, used it til it broke/wore out! It was a great investment for the serious racing/gaming I did at the time. Now I wouldn't justify that sort of expenditure but having a semi broken G25 is enough of a bummer that I now have to use my keyboard. And by the way, I handle my vehicles very well in BNGD with the keyboard. You just have to use the hard gas/brake/steering and make it work to your advantage though it would be nice to have some fine tuning provided by a wheel. I think those who complain about the "bad" handling just don't know what real vehicles handle like (ie, that guy who started a thread about it being impossible to keep a car straight on the ice at 65mph; hah, try that in real life you dummkopf).

8. Speicherplatz

Speicherplatz
    Expand Collapse

using a controller in this game changed my life. it is 5.19 in the morning now and i am still driving around dry rock island withe the rpm just a liiiiiiiittle two low *faking v8 sound*.
    it's bad that the xbox 360 controllers left stick is very 'heavy' moving away from the middle so i tend to turn the wheel too fast at the beginning. would help if i could set up the steering sensivity but i think i have to buy an extremely unnecessary expensive wheel ;)

@14ramosr

asshat ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice