1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Will BeamNG get online multiplayer someday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ByTobyJDM, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ByTobyJDM

ByTobyJDM
    Expand Collapse

Well, this thought came to my mind when I was going through some memories of my childhood of when I was playing Rigs of Rods (the f2p 2003 BeamNG) 24/7. I remember it having an online multiplayer with a comon map and maybe 30 people in around 2010 or so.

I would love to get a multiplayer for this game and go around huge maps with friends and random people. That would be amazing. I get that the server's load will be huge calculating the collisions between players, but that can be fixed with a server without collisions between players (just like RoR as far as I can remember). Also I get that the players will have to download the server's resources (map, available cars, mods, etc) and that can create a huge load on the hard drive.

And also I would love to have the ability to run custom scripts in online servers, just like GTA V FiveM mod. Imagine being online with friends and making missions together, or having fun chasing criminals with other people.

2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

From the FAQ:

3. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

To be honest. I just want split screen. To me this would be enough for the "MP" aspect. Go back to the PS2 era of games where you can have 1-4 players at the same time playing on the same rig. While Beamng.drive is a massively complex game this would be a much more simple thing to add than a actual mp game option. But I'm no game Dev nor do I have the smart's so what do I know.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

For real, please stop making multiplayer threads.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

No because everyone wants it and it will be what propels this game further

6. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

So you apply the logic, of a child? The devs obviously is aware that people would like multiplayer. The countless begging and spam, will not make them suddenly able to make it.

There is honestly so many other things that propels this game further with each update, multiplayer is not the only future BeamNG has.

Crimson has already reposted from the FAQ, about why the multiplayer is not there yet. I frankly fail to understand how you cannot accept an official statement.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Use. The. Search. Bar.

Constant begging and annoying everyone on the forums will not change the real world difficulties of this which have been explained countless times.

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice