Will This Computer Run BeamNG Well?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Cory5503, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Here is a computer my friend built on PC Part Picker. I was wondering how well it would run BeamNG, as that's all I'd probably use it for. Here's the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f9DQbX

2. Brugink

Brugink
    Expand Collapse

If I where to guess it should run BeamNG just fine. If I where to compare it to my laptop (which can run Italy with one vehicle and decent setting at ~30fps) it has a better GPC (1050ti - 1060), equal amount of DDR4 ram, a decent enough CPU (8th gen i3 with 4 cores and a 3.6 base speed (my laptop has a i5-8300H)).
    It probably won`t be record breaking in any respect but I would most certainly call it capable of running BeamNG at decent setting and fps

Full disclaimer: I do not know a lot about hardware, this is just a estimation based on my limited knowledge.

3. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    So I'm really a total noob but is 30 FPS laggy or is that good? (I know a lot of people run 60 FPS and that's a lot faster but just curious)

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

30fps is okay. Get a better CPU, and I think you'll be fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

So I'm really a total noob but is 30 FPS laggy or is that good (I know a lot of people run 60 FPS and that's a lot fast
    Thanks for the tip!

6. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

On a budget, I'd advise you get an AMD processor. Depending on the budget the options are:
    Ryzen 3 1300X
    Ryzen 5 2500X
    Ryzen 5 2600X
    The difference between them is pretty much how many cores they have and they each have the same performance per core as the i3-8100. As for the mainboard I suggest an Asus Prime B450M-A or a B450-Plus. The second one costs $100 but it has everything you need and it's a large form factor (those come hand in hand often times). For a large form factor you'd also need a larger case though, so the B450M-A is probably what you're looking for.
    30fps is what you want at least to have a smooth experience. 60fps is what most monitors can fisplay at the most. I recommend connecting your graphics card with Displayport if your monitor has a port for that because that way you can enable Freesync, which synchronises the refresh rate of your monitor with your fps and just makes the whole experience infinitely smoother. An RX580 graphics card would have this via HDMI too but with those two cards you can pretty much get whichever one is cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

If he just wants to game there is no point in buying an AMD cpu. The 8th gen i3 cpus are quite good since they have 4 physical cores against all the old gen i3 that only had two cores.
    Probably the weakest point in that configuration is the motherboard itself which actually sucks because it only has 2 DIMM slots, minimal upgrade capability, no overclocking possibility (but since you chose a non oc-able cpu you don't need this) and most importantly the VRM is not that good being probably a 3+1 configuration.
    In my opinion that's the only thing I may change in that config; I'd spend some money and buy a Z370 board directly to have more options overrall, and in case you'll upgrade to an overclockable cpu (eg. Intel Core i7 8700K) you don't have to change motherboard too. It's a bit more expensive, but quality costs!

#7 Alex [ITA], Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  8. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

It's comparable to my system, minus the 1060. I have a 1050, but I plan to put a 970 in it so I'll compare it to a freind's PC with a 970. His runs Beamng medium-high settings with some dynamic reflections at West Coast with 2-3 cars, at up to 45 fps.

9. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Is a 970 better than a 1060? Sorry, I'm a total noob.

10. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

By a small amount, the 6GB may actually be faster.

11. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

12. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

The 1060 is one series newer and one price class lower than the 970, and therefore ends up being pretty much exactly the same in performance. Although if you can get the same performance for the same price in both cases you may as well get the newer one because it might end up being slightly better with future driver updates.

13. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

It should run perfectly fine at about 40fps at high quality, but you could save a bit of money. Try bundling at micro center if you are in the us. You can get some good cpu/mobo bundles there, sometimes with an ssd.
    Here’s a bundle with a b360 board, which is a little better for just $150
    https://www.microcenter.com/product...,-gigabyte-b360m-ds3h,-cpu-motherboard-bundle
    You can get an h310 for about $5 bucks less if you so choose
    That would be the exact same parts for $30 less

#13 A Turbocharged Turbocharger, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice