Solved Windshield mesh appears as a mess of polygons ingame

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ytrewq, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If I merge these two vertices together, windshield exports and works just fine:
    upload_2018-10-11_22-40-39.png

Not quite sure why, is it related to UV map or is it related to geometry data being somehow corrupted and any change fixes it? Only by merging those two it starts to work though, moving is not enough, has to merge them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, maybe you just need to alter it to make it work? I'll try deleting and recreating one face.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

No, number of vertices has to change, it just does not want to work with that exact number of vertices, you need to add one or remove one vertice, then it will work, makes sense? o_O

Who in their right mind would make Blender work like that, what purpose does this lunacy serve? :D :D :D
    --- Post updated ---
    I think that you have inconsistency on upper part of windshield though, maybe this would work better as all the way from down to up edgeflow would be similar, there is like extra vertice/edge up there in a model?
    upload_2018-10-11_22-52-23.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Or then split whole thing so there is edge at X 0 trough whole thing?

Still it is bit odd how mesh works as static object, but not when put to vehicle, can't really understand why that is but kinda can understand that it probably has something to do with way mesh is bound to nodes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I've merged 4 vertices into 2 and it works now. Very weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice