[WIP - Beta Released] Lazy Springs 4x4 Park and Sand Dunes

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by JDUMPER, Sep 22, 2015.

1. JDUMPER

JDUMPER
    Expand Collapse

1.jpg 2.jpg

This map is something created with the mindset of realism, not making a bumpy path with rock texture. I test everything myself, and if it is too easy, I add things to make it harder, but never impossible. I want to keep building this map with like minded people. I know you are out there, so help me share it, and please give me inspiration for the next obstacle. I am currently working on a bigger rock pit. I want to keep updating as vehicles become available. Have a vehicle that you want to truly test? let me know what it is, and I will make something for it. I am making this because I was not able to find exactly what i wanted... so let me know exactly what you want in it, and i might be able to make it happen.

I have been building this with collaboration with r/beamng so alot of my videos have reddit references. just ignore them.

This is my first map, and i am not great at computer stuff. the download is called "gridmap" because that is what the level is based off of. i coulldnt get the .zip to work, so you might have to unzip, then place in levels.

all feedback is extremely welcome.

i made the map for the DW rock bouncer. i was running the low psi tires, and no front or rear sway bars. everything is possible with the off-road stock vehicles as well, just takes some work. post your videos!

thanks guys!

**UPDATE**

making the dunes now. special thanks to user/ Darren9 for his video of his run through the off road track.

here are some pictures of how the new dunes are turning out. they are big, and there are plenty. expect a updated map soon!!

dunes.0.jpg

articulation ramp.jpg
    The DUNES update will include:

-articulation ramp added

-big sand dunes added

-"expert" off road track will be added in the back of lazy springs.

EXPECT THIS UPDATE BY THURSDAY EVENING 9/24

A huge thank you to everyone who has downloaded this map. Don't forget to make suggestions for future builds!

Attached Files:

#1 JDUMPER, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. JDUMPER

JDUMPER
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry! everything that is currently grid will be all sand dunes, I plan on making some gigantic ones, and overall more "dune" style shapes. the offroad park also has plenty of room to expand in the back, so that will be another big step. Thanks for downloading it, let me know if you like it!

3. JDUMPER

JDUMPER
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the video, glad you made it through ok. That 1300HP is going to be fun in the dunes. I took your suggestion, and am going to make a similar track in the back of the park that is strictly for the specialty vehicles. Once that is made, i might shrink some of the harder things in the current track to make it more suitable for the stock 4x4s. thanks again for playing it, and thanks for the suggestion. update is coming soon!

4. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Wait wut

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense. For a while there I thought that the 8x8 would have become an official vehicle. I do hope more people start incorporating locking diffs into their offroad vehicles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice