1. This section is for Ideas and Suggestions related to official game content.
    Do not request licensed vehicles here please.
    Read the rules here

Wishlist for 2020!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nathan24™, Nov 9, 2019.

1. JDMguy05

JDMguy05
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to see maybe an Ibishu based off of the NSX, with an older version and a new version.

Also, I don't know if they would have to partner with Spotify for this, but with my older suggestion about music on all maps, it'd be cool if you could select a Spotify option for this, just so you aren't stuck with the same music. Idk about the rest of you but my computer hates running two apps at the same time, so that'll make life easier. Oh and another reason is I like the immersion of how the music sounds like it's out of the speakers in interior cam, so hearing my favorite sign like that is an immersion-gasm (immergasm? Is immersion even the right word? Shit.)

2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Something i'd love to see are more official bodies, like a 2dr burnside, bubu wagon, midsize wagon, 2dr miramar, etc.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

I agree 100% another thing that could be improved is the way that a popped tire behaves, instead of the wheel deteriorating due to the lack of tire pressure, it acts like the weight of the vehicle only effects the tire not the wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

if we do get a Japanese map, can we have some of those I6 sequential turbocharged Japanese cars like the Toyota Supra, Lexus IS300, the Nissan Skyline, and also something like a Nissan Stagea, and also a newer generation 200BX that is a bit of an S15-S14 mix

5. Buddy8383

Buddy8383
    Expand Collapse

i beg to differ

6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Hirochi Lexus IS300 counterpart.

7. Raving_107

Raving_107
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I'm hoping for in 2020 is multiplayer in the form of Steam remote play together. They made a couple improvements to multiseat in the .18 update, I'm hoping this is in reparation to polish it up a bit before adding it.
    upload_2020-1-12_13-47-26.png
    Sure there is stuff like teamviewer and whatnot but the image quality and lag isn't really suitable for a game like remote play together is.

8. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

How about fire trucks & engines? The most overlooked types of vehicles in the whole game!
    --- Post updated ---
    Proper sun path seasons rise/set times based on latitude longitude date and time.
    Come on now! Flight simulator has been able to do this for 25 years now! It’s like astronomy formulas that have been around for decades. No reason why this hasn’t already been incorporated into the game.
    And do the same for the moon and have accurate phases. The moon doesn’t hang in the sky due north at 45° high all night long— it’s not even in the north sky in the north hemisphere.

#288 B3_Burner, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Your telling me with the engine they couldn't implement paint damage when a flexbody is bent/damaged in a certain area, maybe in different ways depending on which surface the paint came in contact with? They've taken things pretty far don't see why this isn't possible.

10. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

My understanding is that they'd have to make significant changes to the game engine and the way textures work for that to be possible. I highly doubt doing that is very high on their to-do list.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Multiple users have done proof of concepts for scratches. To my knowledge they have all been just an extra skin layer, which leaves the same results every time, like the system RoR used (refer to the steam forum link below)
    Example: Scratch Decals?

I believe the main issue is lack of priority (crashed cars don't scratch as much as people think) and getting it done realistically.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/284160/discussions/1/1291817837639706755/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BlameMeta

BlameMeta
    Expand Collapse

Torque ratings for transmissions/driveshafts/diffs/spindles would be awesome and give the slots purpose.

Edit: also maybe rotational inertia, so a carbon fiber shaft would spin up easier than a steel one would.

13. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Well given that computer tech has grown exponentially over even just the past 5 years, let alone the past 20, I would say never rule anything out. Maybe it will be possible sooner than everyone thinks.
    Photoshop for painting airline skins on jet planes for flightsim readily comes to my mind. White or silver unpainted fuselage is main layer, airline livery is alpha layer, windows are a top layer of some sort that is overlaid— so it doesn’t look like they painted over the windows.
    My point being, if you can separate body from paint by layer in livery scheme, I don’t see why you can’t one day simulate damage or scratches to solely a top layer. A skid mark is sorta like a scratch on the road... right? So why would we completely rule out the possibility of putting a scratch in the paint?
    So I say never say never. Just maybe not this year or the next.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. 8lastMeOff

8lastMeOff
    Expand Collapse

Maybe make the broken glass effects more realistic if you know what I mean, cause right now when there's an impact on the glass the whole thing breaks like this: SSS.jpg
    But maybe when the force comes at a different angles and at different strength the crack pattern will look different, like this:
    crl.jpg
    In this image the windshield was/might have been smashed by a rock coming from the front-right side of the vehicle and landed with mediocre strength, but if this happened in BeamNG (I'm assuming there are small props like cinder bricks and stuff) the whole windsheld would just go apart. Also the side windows can't even get cracked it can only be completely smashed and leaves a hole, which is kinda strange, because the glass nowadays are designed to not break.

#294 8lastMeOff, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JDMguy05

JDMguy05
    Expand Collapse

I kinda want the taillights of the K-Series to be redesigned or have a second option. The gun-like shape never did it for me.

Here were my ideas:
    -They could share the 800's light design, just LED
    or
    The original design can stay, but cut some of the lower half

16. Buddy8383

Buddy8383
    Expand Collapse

the only reason im saying this is because the devs have said this in the past

17. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

The game runs great all things considered, however some maps are not compatible for quite a few players, take italy for example, the map is so detailed and extravagant that quite a few people can't even launch the map. This isn't a complaint about the map itself but instead a reason why it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a lighter versions of the more resource intensive maps. The reason why I mentioned Italy was because someone did this for that map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mumbooer

mumbooer
    Expand Collapse

We need a go-kart

• Like Like x 1
  19. chris nowak

chris nowak
    Expand Collapse

traffic that stops at red lights/stop signs/actually follows traffic laws

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking about shadows or SSAO because that's probably SSAO with the limitations of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.

In which case I can't even use the SSAO in this game as it's far too noisy anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice