1. This section is for Ideas and Suggestions related to official game content. Don't request licensed vehicles here please. Read the rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GPU Fatal Error? Intel HD Graphics 620/630 Crashes? Help us solve them!
    Dismiss Notice

Wishlist for 2020!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nathan24™, Nov 9, 2019.

1. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

it exists. It's called Jungle Rock Island

2. WentwardB60

WentwardB60
    Expand Collapse

The bus from my profile picture (or something closely resembling the GM New Look). :)

3. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

no, JRI is set in Hawaii iirc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

the old roads and raceway on port being brought back

• Like Like x 1
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

JRI is a weird one. It does use Hawaiian plates but also has multiple military installations. I feel like it's a generic Pacific island that just happens to use Hawaiian plates since they are in game. It definetly feels more like Hawaii than stereotypical Japan though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

Airbages, Old Supercars, and Real Engines with real Specs, renamed for the Game, like RB26 but renamed to like RT27 or other Parodynames :D

Attached Files:

• Download.jpg
    • 71d0349724a5f9402435f3ddd874814a.jpeg
    • 1988-porsche-911-carrera-sport-targa.jpg
    • Download1.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. urbi3006

urbi3006
    Expand Collapse

Tire model is still in need of work. It's good but not quite up to spec compared to other top tier sims. Otherwise hella lot of work left, like a career mode, better AI etc… The basic structure of the game is pretty much done if you ask me, so work on that can begin.

Also working in car odometers would be hella nice and probably not hard to implement.

8. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Urban or rural? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing either. For urban, basing on Shibuya (well known district of Tokyo) would be cool.

9. AlpinaFlyer

AlpinaFlyer
    Expand Collapse

both like wca

10. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

i would like to add to my previous statement and say it would be really nice to have more diverse engine sounds
    example
    every v8 in this game sounds exactly the same
    every i6 in this game sounds the same
    every v6 in this game sounds the same
    every i4 in this game sounds the same and so on
    so the bruckell moonhawk and the gavril d15 sound the same even though they're two completely different cars from two completely different companies with very little ties in the gabeverse
    it would be nice if the moonhawk, d15, and the burnside special had different engine sounds

<end of rant>

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zestyfolfdude

zestyfolfdude
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-11-26_23-34-29.jpeg upload_2019-11-26_23-35-37.jpeg upload_2019-11-26_23-36-24.jpeg
    You know it’s serious when I bust out The Trifecta

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

There is one thing I absoulutely need in Beam, and that is competent racing AI. I have tried to set up special AI cars for racing(for added competence), but since the AI almost never overtake eachother(only happens when car in front slides wide) they just form a slow train on the track. So, by the end of 2020 I really hope to have some amazing clean racing with an occasional huge crash.

And obviously you would need tire wear and tire thermals then.

Personal wish for the upcoming year would be a crane, possibly mounted on the T-series. I love transporting cargo, and with the nodegrabber I can manage to load and unload cargo, but it would be so much nicer to use a crane with a controller.

I ofcourse wish for a career mode, but that appears to be promised already. However I am slightly afraid of it aswell. There are so many different ways to implement it, that I know a lot of people will be dissappointed when the first playable version gets released. I just hope I will not be one of them :)

I will use this post for one more thing that is off topic.

I would guess that the full release would be late 2021-mid 2022. I know it seems too far and the devs seem to want to finish by the end of 2020, but we are not even in beta yet. So, my wish for 2023 would be an expansion pack(for the sake of not calling it a DLC). Everyone seems to really hate DLC, but if there would be a content rich expansion pack for 25€ for example, I would love to pay that. Like a racing pack with two racetracks and 10 cars for two racing series would be nice in my opinion. But that is just my personal opinion.

13. Misha Dorofeev

Misha Dorofeev
    Expand Collapse

Crane? Like this?

Ben: You always wanted to drive a convertible!

14. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

You may need to have your hearing checked then...

As far as V8s go, The 4.5 and 5.5l V8s in the Grand Marshal, D-series, Roamer, and H-series all have the same sound because they all use the same engines. The Gavril 291, 313, 353, 423, as well as the Bruckell 378 CID V8s all share and engine sound that is marginally different than the 4.5 and 5.5 Gavrils'. This is due to the fact that they are an older engine with a single OHV cam, versus the 4.5 and 5.5's SOHC setup. In addition, the older V8s are all carbureted and most of them have a larger displacement than the newer SOHC Gavril engines, giving them a lower, more rumbley sound. The Bolide utilizes a totally different engine sound because of its low displacement, flat plane crank, DOHC V8 engine options.

For I6s, the old 232 CID Gavril, the 244 CID Bruckell, the 4.1l Gavril, and the 4.0l Ibishu engines all use the same engine sound but that is due to the fact that they are all OHV, carbureted, large displacement I6s. Maybe a little variety in sounds there would be acceptable but definitely not necessary. The I-series uses its own engine sounds for the 2.4 and 3.0L I6 due to its DOHC, high revving configuration. The K-series and 800-series use the same I6 engine sounds because they use the same engine between them.

There are only two V6s in the game from a relatively similar time period that sound the same. The only discrepancies in sharing a sound between the Bruckell 3.8l and Ibishu 2.7l V6 is that the Bruckell has a significantly larger displacement and is OHV, where the Ibishu engine appears to be DOHC. However, due to there only being two V6s in the game currently, I feel that it is perfectly acceptable for them to share an engine sound.

Finally for the I4s, many I will admit do sound the same, but there are a couple that don't. The Miramar has its own engine sound due to it being carbureted again and being much older than its four-cylinder counterparts. Now the Sunburst, Covet, old Pessima, new Pessima, 200BX, Hopper, and LeGran all share the same engine sound, which is arguable that variety in the sounds is needed due to vastly different valvetrain setups (i.e. the LeGran is OHV compared to the Covet's SOHC, and then the Sunburst's DOHC, etc.). So yes, new engine sounds could definitely be useful here, but not all i4s have the same engine sound as again the K-series and 800-series who share the same 4-cylinder engine have a different sound from the rest of the I4s.

There is my point proven, that all engines do not use the same engine sounds as their counterparts, and that they are perfectly acceptable by my standards, but I did point out some areas where improvement could be used, just so the complainers didn't have to do so themselves. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

if i may, all the v8s except the bolide use the same sample, all the i4s use the same sample, all the flat 4s use thesame sample, all the v6s use the same sample, and all the i6s use the same sample apart from the semi and bus, that's what he was referring to

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

Bolded are important for me, underlined are things I believe are not possible but I list them anyways.

Vehicles:

- Crane (example photo)
    - Modern SUV (BMW X3 or X5 size)
    - Tow-truck
    - More european variants of existing cars (gauges, lights, licenseplate spaces, etc)
    - Some new parts for existing vehicles (makes old vehicles more fresh and new again)
    - More body styles for existing vehicles (wagon Pessimas, wagon Sunburst, sedan ETK800 etc)

Maps:

Winter/snow/ice map with slippery roads
    Highway map with long 2-lane straights or/and autobahn

Features:

- Graphics update for lighting, shadows, car paint, headlights etc
    - Openable doors/hood/trunk
    - Scratches
    - Dirt
    - Fix/replace broken car parts

- SRS/Airbags
    - Better side mirrors

I don't mean every one of these should come in 2020, but I wish atleast some would.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DieselDrinker

DieselDrinker
    Expand Collapse

Why would any form of new content (Other than DLC expansions) be useless? There are ZERO Cabover engine semi mods out there, and a small handful prewar car mods. Cabover engine trucks are probably the least common vehicles on the roads nowadays and their legend is dying. I've seen multiple supercars driving down the road in Indiana and one or two COE (Cab over engine) trucks in the past 20 years. COEs are probably the most forgotten vehicle of all time. Few youth know their legend, with their screaming Detroit 8v71s, jake brakes, roaring stacks and ear-destroying turbos and legendary comfort. We've got all sorts of vehicles with 3 or more tires represented by at least one vehicle, except for cabovers. A two-stroke diesel COE would be super awesome. Same with pickup trucks, we could use another one of those too at some point, but I'd kill for a COE!
    Check this out if you're still not convinced

#117 DieselDrinker, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mrsmash

mrsmash
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think that a DLC really fits how this game works. It isn’t a free to play mobile game or Fortnite. It really is just a simulator (mind you a very very good one indeed) and I don’t think a DLC would fit with a game like this.

19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Generally speaking, talking about anything related to car culture will attract either a "all old cars are satan" crowd or a "all new cars are satan" crowd and start a fight. So, yeah.

As for your COE talk, it would be cool to see one but it's not what the game needs right now to prepare for career mode.

As for DLC, why would they be "useless"? Content in Beam takes a lot of recources with official vehicles taking at least half a year and maps taking multiple years. That stuff doesn't pay for itself and BeamNG.Drive costs 1/2 the price of it's indie conpetitors and 1/3 the price of AAA competitors before you account for their DLC. BeamNG has proven that they care about the game and the community unlike EA and Take 2 who employ predatory DLC/microtransactions. There's only so much content a small team can pump out with a "pay $25 in 2013" approach. Personally I genuinely wish Beam could take a RaceRoom business model since there's so many people that want only what they want and think anything else ought not be in game. Do you as a player want only vintage race cars? Then you could have only that. Only drag racing? Only street cars and street tracks? Only modern crossovers and minivans? Only want race tracks and modern GT cars? Then only have that. Don't want LightRunner or bus routes? Then don't have that. Of course that isn't going to happen but it would be nice to limit the "I don't like bus routes so I think they shouldn't be in game" genre of comments.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DieselDrinker

DieselDrinker
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I would rather pay $59.99 and get everything instead of getting nickel and dimed to death by paid DLC that adds one or two parts or a car or a map.
    This awesome game would be trash with paid DLC, because nickel and diming people's wallets to death is a scummy business approach. If they started a Patreon funding thing, that would be different because it's not a "You must pay more to play" it's just a friendly, "Hey, want to help us out a bit?"
    Wikipedia has taken this approach and they're still around. You don't have to pay to get 5 pages of content for $0.99, just paid for by some kind donors who appreciate the wealth of information, which the Beam.NG team could use if they so desire, which I would 100% donate to.
    Also the ability to make vehicles, props, maps and everything as mods and distribute them for free defeats the purpose of DLC. Many games like American Truck Simulator address that by making it difficult to make new vehicles, maps/map expansions and stuff like that so they can get more money from DLC. Beam.NG is different in the fact that they allow full modding support and in-fact encourage it, especially with the extremely popular mods location of the website, which you can get "Free" DLC from fellow players. So if Beam.NG releases a new map for $5.99, it's likely someone will get on here and make a very similar map, and publish it to the website where you can get it for free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice