1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This section is for Ideas and Suggestions related to official game content. Don't request licensed vehicles here please. Read the rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The ingame repository is currently offline for maintenance. Downloading and installing the mods manually via our website will still work: Repository
    Dismiss Notice

working convertible roof

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by idanfr0332, Dec 2, 2017.

1. idanfr0332

idanfr0332
    Expand Collapse

its been long time since beamng has been released so i think that the dev should make a real convertible roof.or even make doors open by push of a button,it will be very nice if you add this.

2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

.... But it hasn't been released?

3. idanfr0332

idanfr0332
    Expand Collapse

actually no. you can only remove roof. i am talking about working roof that you can see the animation

4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure the squishing of Jbeams inside the trunk would be very difficult to simulate with the way the vehicles are laid out, so I don't see this very possible, but who knows.

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Convertible roofs are possible, however they take a ton of work, and you risk mesh spiking in some cases due to how the mechanism has to operate in BeamNG.

I doubt its something the devs will be adding to official cars anytime soon, but it is possible.

6. idanfr0332

idanfr0332
    Expand Collapse

okay thx

7. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

"its been long time since beamng has been released"

That's what i meant.

BeamNG has not been released yet.

8. Puzzle

Puzzle
    Expand Collapse

Mike94 is making one for his Satsuma 210 mod, and Mythbuster made a Cadillac with one.