1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

World Editor 2.0

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by nekitu, Feb 16, 2019.

1. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

No problem, any suggestions are welcomed, at least we can go over the forum posts and compile a list of suggestions which we can use to improve or create new tools.

• Like Like x 9
  2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.QA
    Staff Member

A new forest brush has been added to align forest items with the underlying terrain and will be available in the next update.

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

All of this awesome map editor news :D

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Fuvos

Fuvos
    Expand Collapse

Really cool information Nekitu! Although I'm new to the world editor and don't have lot of knowledge about it I'm really excited to see what this world editor has to offer!
    -Fuvos

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I will be excited to see what this improvement this all entails. My motivation to battle the current editor and map making in general
    has been asleep for a couple years now. I am hungry!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse

Kinda same, like I worked on maps, but when I saw all possibilities of new editor I literally can't wait for it!
    I know, new editor won't give me more skill, but I think making maps will be alot easier and less frustrating.

7. gdfastner

gdfastner
    Expand Collapse

Oh yay the world editor isn't going to be tedious as hell anymore.
    Thanks guys.
    No really that's not sarcasm, thanks. Like i really have wanted this for like a year now omg

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

UPDATE
    • worked on the scene tree window, to keep it in sync with addition/deletion of objects, in this new editor double clicking on a folder toggles expanded, in the current editor you need to click on the tiny arrow to expand folders.
    • worked on the Inspector window, some datablock fields and special reference fields needed proper lists filled dynamically, also they are searchable lists with a filter input text control
    • added the create objects toolbars, with groups and object type buttons for each object class that can be instantiated, faster UI navigation than the current editor
    • added API to extend the create object toolbars by adding custom object groups, could be used by mod tools to add some special objects creation
    • creating many instances is easy now: select create group, select an object type, and then start clicking in the viewport/world to create instances of that type, press ESC to exit this creation mode. Some objects will be created once when you press their toolbar button (for example Time of Day, no need for multiple instances)
    • lot of documentation on the editor APIs
    • many small improvements and tidy up in the code and more work to be done
    editor002.png editor003.png

#48 nekitu, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 26
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I read Mod, then I read API, so technically if one is skilled enough, would it be then possible to write mod that does for example an array copying of selected object as a new addon tool for editor?

Also will icons be customizable so that likes of me that recognize icons pretty much by colors could add colored spots to icons to tell what they do bit easier?

10. TheMultiTuber™

TheMultiTuber™
    Expand Collapse

they edited it, but too late :p

11. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Or possibly something like an in-game beam/node editor (and deprecating and later removing the old node/beam editor)?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice