World Editor News

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by nekitu, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Decal roads have been sluggish to refresh to terrain shaping after v0.22. Tested in safemode on many maps. Grid snap options won't help. Sometimes a road node must be selected and moved a bit to refresh the road to terrain underneath... just to see that it needs more smoothing and more unnecessary node movements to check the progress.
    Other than that the editor changes are excellent.

2. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes, we made a change (i think it was in 0.21 already) to not make as many unnecessary decal road updates when changing the terrain, so that terrain editing will have less lag

3. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a setting for refresh rate or a button then. I don't mind the lag vs getting stuck with this:
    screenshot_2021-04-12_13-34-31.jpg

4. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I will make the reloading of the decal roads part of "Rebuild Collision" in the menu bar. This can be triggered by selecting the item in the menu, by pressing "Ctrl+F7" and it will be run automatically when closing the editor if anything has changed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Sounds even worse than selecting the road and shaking a node to refresh it (which feels like hammering a nail with a nail).

-edit-
    The best way to cope with this "improvement" is to keep the road in inspector window, shape the road blindly a few sweeps and click one of those decalroad +,- fields to refresh the road to terrain. The workflow is about ten times slower than it used to be and I'd happily pay another 20 coins just for a WE 2.0 Legacy Road Shaper -addon.

#165 ltntai, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  6. Fanofgames

Fanofgames
    Expand Collapse

I have bug with new world editor. When did I make some changes in world editor, close and i can't drive cars. What I need do to fix this bug?

7. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes, this issue is known. Unfortunately we havent found a reliable way to reproduce this issue yet. Until then, you can enable the vehicle controls by clicking on the "Enable driving" button in the editors toolbar and then closing the editor again.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2021-04-13120007.png
  8. doge man

doge man
    Expand Collapse

one question where did the tools tab go?, i can't seem to find it

9. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

They are either the symbols in the toolbar or they are under the "Window" tab

10. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

The new world editor is shaping up to be pretty awesome, great work so far.
    Have some wishes for it:
    - Be able to change the color and width of the terrain brush boundaries square/circle
    (I can hardly see it)
    - Be able to type in the size of the terrain/paint/texture brush
    (so hard to be precise with the sliders)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

You can type size if you hold ctrl and press on slider :)

Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

• Like Like x 8
  12. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Brilliant, thank you :) what button did you press to move the slider without the mouse, at the beginning of the clip? That looked precis.

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Mouse Wheel controls the size of the brush (in most edit mods that uses a brush).
    At the bottom of the editor is a bar that shows the shortcuts each edit mode has by the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

my only complaint is I can't grab terrain with 2.0, is it a feature that'll be removed or just hasn't been moved over from the old editor, it's the only reason I still have to go back to 1.0, of course I could just be missing something but the option is always grayed out for me

15. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It hasn't been moved yet, but it is planned to get moved over as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

I don't appear to be able to change lua function scripts for triggers, usually a text editor like this:

pops up but not in the new world editor.
    This might just be me not knowing how to use the newer editor correctly, but for now I have to use the old one everytime I want to change something (e.g. teleporters).
    Is there a way for me to do this inside the world editor 2.0?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

We have it in the todo, will popup a text editor for these multiline fields.

• Like Like x 1
  18. makkepuu

makkepuu
    Expand Collapse

When you open older maps like Altitude in the new editor everything works just fine. But when you make timetrial with race tool and put the *.race.json file in quickrace folder the map won't load anymore. Remove the race.json and the map loads. If I'm to use old editor to mess with older maps please don't remove it from the game

19. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

But what does have to do with new editor ? Will it load if the new editor is not active ? It seems to be a race tool issue, please post your logs, maybe there is some Lua error. Try to provide a bulleted list of detailed bug reproduction steps so we can file it in our bug tracker. Thanks

20. makkepuu

makkepuu
    Expand Collapse

I tried to make timetrial in the old editor "the old way" and no go, it didn't work. I have 2 maps so far that do this when you put something in the quickrace folder.
    All the stuff I added shows up in the time trial menu but when you start the race it doesn't load. The loading screen appears but none of the boxes fill, no text like adding meshes ever appears. It just sits there and when you hit esc the game goes back to main menu. And here it gets funky, now when you go to that map in freeroam it never spawns a car there and the camera is in freemode. If you spawn a car manually the camera doesn't get attached to that car, it still acts like freemode even when you try to disable it, it says orbit or whatever you try to change it to but the camera just floats there and when you hit acceleration you see your car leaving you behind. When you delete quickrace folder the map works and loads correctly. I don't know what to do

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice