World of Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ericmarciano, Sep 10, 2021.

1. ericmarciano

ericmarciano
    Expand Collapse

I have downloaded some car add-ons from the "World of Mods" web site, which is good because many car models are available, even if not all are good.
    Anyway, some installed mods, such as the Ferrari Enzo, have no tires... The wheels are there but no tires. Do you know if there is a way to fix this in the game?

Thanks.

2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/resources/legacy-tires-pack.13989/

3. savage driver

savage driver
    Expand Collapse

go in to part selection and go to suspension and go to wheels and go to tires

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

WOM? Cringe

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Spoon R24

Spoon R24
    Expand Collapse

Outdated mods. You need old tire mods for that to work P.S Unpack the mod, Import the model to blender, Download the .jbeam file extension. Then export the .jbeam to the unpacked mod folder and replace. Not related to tires but it makes bootleg mods 10 times more awesome. I did this to a bootleg TVR mod from ModLand

6. ghs129

ghs129
    Expand Collapse

DONT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM THERE!!! There is a high chance of geting a virus and most are stolen mods from other people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. truck123

truck123
    Expand Collapse

I've had great experience with the website?

8. ghs129

ghs129
    Expand Collapse

9. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

Define "great", your "great" might not be the same as our "great"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ericmarciano

ericmarciano
    Expand Collapse

I was surprised the first time I installed a mod because it was packaged as an exe instead of a zip as usual. I ran it on a separate PC in case of a virus and saw it was just an installer, so I ran the other ones on my main PC. I hope I didn't get a virus...

Do you know any other "clean" site on which we can download cars such as Porsche, Ferrari and others?
    Is ModLand.net reliable?

#10 ericmarciano, Sep 10, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

If you ran the installer and the mod worked then you PROBABLY (not 100% sure) didn't get a virus. It's EXTREMELY risky to run this kind of stuff, don't do it. ModLand.net is similarly risky, not clean at all. You can't get good supercar mods anywhere, even if you somehow get one without a virus then it will crash bad. On this forum there are some decent ones, other decent ones are private mods, usually on other websites they are bad and made in 10 minutes.
    I guess 2fast or Revolution Racecraft have some decent-ish ones too, BUT most of them are private mods reuploaded without permission (which they also lie about getting it) so it's not very good to download them, and they are not really that good anyway, they just have many drag racing parts added to them for no reason without improving the quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Worlds of Mods are dangerours, the exe in the file is likely to make your computer to have computer AIDS. Other websites such as Modland may have some nasty pop-up ads, an adblocker such as uBlock Origin is recommended. However if you managed to download the mod zip and inside the zip has no exe in it, then it's safe to put it in your BeamNG mod folder.
    Most of those supercars such as farraris are made for CLICKBAIT youtube videos, these are just meshslapped Bolides, mods from BeamNG repo/forum are much better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ericmarciano

ericmarciano
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for this valuable information, I will be very careful about all this. If I ever download a mod again from these sites, I will run the installer on a secondary computer, get the mod files and put these files in the game on my main computer. Doing this way I am sure no exe will be ran on my main computer.
    Anyway I understand getting mods from the BeamNG repo or forum is better, but I regret there is no famous supercar such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Aston Martin, ... as if the repo in BeamNG was not allowed to use the real brand names.

14. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

On the repo yes, but on the forums there are no copyright problems. It's more that making a good beamng mod take a lot of time and modders don't want to make these kind of cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ghs129

ghs129
    Expand Collapse

You can find supercars in the automation mods tab but they dont crash well. But you CAN find other kinds of cars here such as hatchbacks and sedans

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Just to add to this thread, because it can never be stressed enough...

Never run .exe files from untrusted sources.

In this particular case, there is no reason to need an installer for a BeamNG mod. You drop the archive into the mods directory and that's it. It's important to note that just because the executable ran and did what you expected it to, that doesn't mean it didn't also do something else at the same time. Trojans are named as such for a reason.

World of Mods and other third party mod sites are already untrustworthy enough, the fact that they're hosting executables for no legitimate reason is outright disgusting. Ask yourself if it's worth the risk for the sake of a mesh-rip that doesn't deform properly. If the answer is yes then why are you playing Beam when you could play that car legitimately on Forza or GT... or most other games that include licensed vehicles but unrealistic damage models.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

If a product you bought at ebay doesn't work, do you contact Amazon about the issue? Probably not, so why do you ask the official forums for help for something you downloaded somewhere else?
    It's not to be rude, but I just don't like supporting a site that reupload modders content.

Also, the .exe installers does waaaaaay more sketchy shit than installing the mod so just because the mod works, it doesn't mean you're not infected with anything or you haven't sent data to somebody in Russia.

" I ran it on a separate PC in case of a virus and saw it was just an installer, so I ran the other ones on my main PC. I hope I didn't get a virus..."

Uh.. yeah, that's not a way to virus check something. The fact that it's an installer in the first place is a red flag, and you also have no clue what the installer actually does.

Look for yourself.
    upload_2021-9-14_14-26-56.png
    https://hybrid-analysis.com/sample/...165e967c58eab56eb796/5ec05a012408cd509664e933

#17 Zero, Sep 14, 2021 at 2:27 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021 at 3:40 PM
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. ericmarciano

ericmarciano
    Expand Collapse

I fully agree with this. Using mods that are packaged as exe was definitely an error, a beginner error that I will not repeat.

19. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

*Inhales*
    AAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

World of Mods is one of the scummiest websites there is, they steal mods from other people/websites/groups and put viruses in it to make the original models look bad. They also usually don't credit the modders for their work. So please, for the love of God, uninstall those mods and run Malwarebytes on your system. Please never visit that website again.

20. ericmarciano

ericmarciano
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice, lesson learnt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice