1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Wth Happened to the Steering

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Hermironry, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

What happened to the keyboard steering? It used to be good, now when you press the arrow keys the steering wheel jerks to the left or right like crazy, like in Assetto Corsa and many other games that require a racing wheel to be played properly. It's incredibly annoying driving in first person with the steering wheel flailing around like an eight year old with ADHD, a stomach full of Lucozade and an immense tantrum because they couldn't have a pet dog's feet as their parents stuff them, shrieking with rage and a sense of neglect, into the back seat of their 1998 Renault Espace. Except steering wheels don't shriek with rage and a sense of neglect. But you get the picture. I looked in the 'gameplay' section of the options menu to see if there were different steering types, because I thought I remembered something about that from a previous update, but I couldn't find anything.

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What car are you using? Some vehicles have quick steering and/or power steering.
    But you should use some sort of controller, racing wheel, Xbox 360/1 controller, PS3/4 controller.

3. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

Th
    At the time it was a LeGran.
    I have got a wheel, it's just really crap and I don't have it with me right now

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

It was a LeGran. It's a cushy 80s American turd bucket.. You can also use a controller too.

5. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

The situation is the same in the Sunburst, the K-Series, the D15 and probably all the other cars too.

I can't use a controller because I haven't got one. And besides, aren't controllers pretty much the same for steering as the keyboard?

6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Definitely not. It takes a tiny bit of getting used to, but it's great.

7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Description of the year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What?! No. Not at all. Controllers are far, far superior in steering and throttle control. Pick an Xbox controller up on eBay for 20 bucks, you won't regret it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Go to the controls, and check the "steer left" and "steer right" controls. They have a bunch of options for the steering including "grip" and "drift". you may be on a direct steering input which is terrible for keyboards :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

^ this.

Also, if in doubt, you can remove all your customizations and go back to safe defaults by clicking "Reset All" in the Controls menu.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

i have a controller you could possibly have, pm me for more info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice