1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Xbox One Controller controlling cursor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Tricky_Ernie, May 18, 2018.

1. Tricky_Ernie

Tricky_Ernie
    Expand Collapse

Back to playing BeamNG and no settings have been changed, nothing at all changed except a windows update. I try to play and the right joystick constantly controls the cursor even when moving the camera in game, causing the cursor to move around the screen, and sometimes randomly a steam keyboard opens. I've looked up and researched about 20 different sources to try and fix the problem all sourcing to Steams big picture controller settings. I've disabled and unbinded all settings, checked drivers, and tested other games (steam and nonsteam) and it seems as if the problem is BeamNG itself. I hadn't played the game in a week, no settings changed at all, nothing touched and for some reason my right joystick constantly controls the cursor as if it were a mouse, inhibiting me the ability to play.

2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The fact that your xbox gamepad opens a Steam keyboard certainly sounds like the problem is in your Steam configuration. The only thing I can advice is that you follow this: https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wh....3E_Hardware.2C_but_works_fine_in_other_games
    And if that doesn't fix it, then contact Steam for help on how to reset the settings so that the gamepad doesn't move the mouse (BeamNG.drive has no functionality like that, so it's a different 3rd party software that is causing your issues).

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice