XYZ Above Vehicle on Spawn, Questions and Support Tab

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Twitch Axis, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I actually have two different suggestions that I am going to post here, because I don't want to create two different threads for them.

My first suggestion is for the "Questions and Support" section in the forums. I think that the person who created the tab should be able to add a prefix to the thread, like "Solved" or "Unsolved". They also should have the ability to lock or unlock the thread after they have had their problem solved. Have you ever posted a solution to someones question, and then someone else comes along and posts the same thing, but worded differently and trys to become the hero? Very annoying, and if the thread is locked after the creator has their question solved, this wouldn't happen anymore. I also think that there should be filters in that section, because there are people who have been waiting for a long time to get their questions answered. But the issue is, their thread is on the 3rd or 4th page, and nobody actually goes through that to answer questions. Solved threads then are still on the first page. If there was a filter for "unsolved" and "solved" threads, people could easily answer questions that haven't been answered yet.

My second suggestion is something that I have had issues with for a very long time. When you spawn a second vehicle, it often isn't in the right place, or rotated the way you want it. So then you have to open the world editor, move your vehicle and then close it, which for many is a pain if they don't have a high end computer. I think that when a vehicle is spawned, an XYZ axis should appear over top of the vehicle, with rotation as well. There could be tabs at the top for switching between rotation and moving, and a button at the bottom for accepting, or cancelling. (Image of Idea is below)

Idea.png
    This is NOT something that is in the game, it is simply a picture, and I edited it in paint.net to give an idea of what I was thinking.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about these ideas!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that should spawning feature could be nice.

I got also few alternative ideas:
    Ctrl-s could spawn a spawn sphere object that would be 0.5m diameter sphere with clearly marked y axis and front / back, you could rotate and move that sphere and when you spawn a vehicle it spawns at location and orientation of that sphere.

There could also be Ctrl-Shift-E which would enable kind of lasso tool, you could use left mouse button to draw with it an area that is clamped to ground, when left mouse button is released vehicle selector opens and when vehicle is selected it would spawn to drawn area.

Vehicle selector could have checkboxes to select multiple vehicles/configurations, it would add them to tray in selection order and you could spawn them with lasso tool, just drawing rough rectangles, beginning of drawing would be where front would be pointed towards to.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

These are all great ideas! Especially the lasso tool idea. My only concern would be, if it is a rectangle, how would the game know which direction to spawn the car in? Like back first or front first if you get what I mean.

Or an app that you could have on your screen to move the vehicle after you spawn it.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would think that car's nose should point direction where you put your mouse button down to draw a lasso, that should be quite easy to use then, just begin to draw where you want front/nose of vehicle to point and I guess center of frontmost part should be touching that position where you start drawing.

5. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that. Hopefully the devs find this thread and use one of our ideas, I think that any one of our ideas would make the game easier to use when it comes to spawning vehicles. Maybe you could have a setting of which way you want to use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice