Your Jobs

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by msurf15, Jul 26, 2014.

1. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

I know we have a hobbies thread but what about the jobs that actually support our lives. I don't have a job because I'm only 14 years old. I've heard some things on the forums from people that say they're computer programmers and stuff which I thought was pretty cool.
    Just explain what you do for a living.

Msurf15

2. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

17 years old and nothing yet, sadly.

3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I live with my parents for a living ;)

4. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread like this but oh well.
    Currently I'm working as an automotive mechanic for a small inner city "shop". We travel around from one sketchy neighborhood to another and work on cars at peoples meth labs WOOPS I mean houses. We also have a central shop, but we only do some work there, bigger things usually like engine swaps and stuff. We do have some nice clients in low crime areas, but we also have a lot of clients in the hood who stand next to us wile we are working trying to get us to buy there cheap pot for a ridiculous price, meanwhile we (especially the white employees) are constantly worried about getting shot or robbed. Oh well makes the rest of the job seem easy. ;)

I'm also trying to start my own business, well more like sell a product me and my friend have designed. Currently it's just me and a friend who is handled most of the 3D design work.
    lol

5. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i volunteer at a goodwill computer junction. looking to get part time job there too.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

My official title is engineer of maintenance of way. I work for a railroad repairing and maintaining track.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I think there was a thread, but I CBA to find it so time to hop into the new one \o/

I have a glamorous job. I work part time in a pub. Job title "Potwash". Aka I scrub dirty dishes, trays, pans, pots and kitchen utensils in a sink before loading them into a dishwasher and putting them away. It is a most amazing job high recommended to anyone (lolno). It is one of those jobs where you need a shower at end of shift, not for just a days sweat (although being in a kitchen it is damn hot and sweaty too) but because of the sheer amount of greasey shit that gets all over you throughout the shift. Still, money is money and I may be getting a better job soon, not only that but the new jobs hours would still let me carry on dishwashing so still more monies \o/

8. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Pfffft still in uni. Studying law:cool:.

9. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Excavation. Hauling steel. Insurance agency. General farm work.

Outside almost all the time, as for the insurance agency I'm out on the road taking pictures of people's houses, and hauling steel I'm just in my truck for a max of 5 hours.

10. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Owner of Performance Computer Industries. We are currently designing our ultra wide "Spectrum" monitor.

11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I spend my days
    Fuckin' yo bitch

12. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

Im in the family business of mowing lawns, but I want to get a mechanics degree.

13. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Fresh grad mech engineer. Was chief designer of UBC's SAE Baja vehicle and a mech technologist before uni.

Now Im fixing up my parents property for resale and finishing my 69 Corolla resto in Victoria rather than trying to find an eng job. Vancouver is full of volatile little startups which don't pay well and the cost of living in Van is insane. Alberta's oilfield stuff doesn't really interest me, did oilfield surveying for years before my education and never want to be part of that culture again. I took engineering cause I like it in principle, but job prospects don't seem interesting :/ I'm a very capable designer in that my hands on background helps me design things that can actually be built. Designing from too high up doesn't interest me, I wanna design things and then make them lol. Wat do? I've been thinking of going to Aus to work in mining and then be in paradise in my time off instead of Canada.

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I make some money mowing grass not much though.
    I was planning on getting a job at the country club in the neighborhood next to mine. Wanted to do maintence or something. But apparently you have to be 18.
    Not sure what I'm gonna do now.
    I'm trying to thin-HOLY SHIT THAT WAS LOUD THUNDER
    Anyway I'm trying to think of a way that I can make more money than just getting a minimum wage job at mcdonalds.

15. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

"HOLY SHIT THAT WAS LOUD THUNDER"

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I just make money mowing lawns for like 4-5 people. (It's enough to buy new stuff for my computer and Steam games.)

I know Dalek has a pretty nice job where he helps people with robotics or something like that for over $10 an hour.

17. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

I'm mid-way through my Masters of Architecture, and work casual hours doing CGI and CAD design for the university.

18. steven2805

steven2805
    Expand Collapse

Am a stock and Forex trader.. Long hours with major ups and downs.

19. L0c4lh0sT

L0c4lh0sT
    Expand Collapse

Okay so I'm an IT-Professional for a VW supplier company in Germany.
    I'm supporting our CAD engineers.
    Basically I get paid for googling stuff ;)

20. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I sell New and Used Chevrolet/Cadillacs at Atlantic Chevrolet Cadillac on Sunrise Hwy in Bay Shore, NY, USA. I make a decent living, I also install car stereos/DVD/Nav systems as well as general car detail etc on the side. I make about as much detailing and installing hardware as I do selling some months. I am also getting married to my Fiance soon, he is an Estate Manager/Personal Chef for a very wealthy, well-to-do family on the North Shore of Long Island, and we are actually considering relocating to either upstate NY or over to London so he can take advantage of a new Job offer he received recently. This is a very exciting time for us, indeed :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice