1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I haven't played Roblox since 2014, and today I get this shit:

upload_2018-8-15_19-53-11.png

:|

• Like Like x 2
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So, I'm still running on almost no money whatsoever and am still having trouble landing a decent job (I enjoy retail data collection which is what I'm doing now, but it seems that in Alaska there just plain isn't any data to collect), so I'm trying to sell off whatever I can around the house to raise a little cash in the mean time. I'm starting with some of the board games my mother bought a long time ago when I was 3 or 4 years old, and that's raising a very interesting question.

Why the frickaroonies is 1984/1999 Candyland so valuable? (Yes, my mother bought that when I was little, laugh it up if you want I guess). There's one just like mine, possibly in worse condition, going for $119.99 (plus $30.82 shipping, natch) on Amazon. Almost $151 all up for a preschool game, not even rare with about a million copies sold every year, the outcome of which is determined entirely by chance! Most prices aren't this insane, but pretty much everyone is asking $35-$40 on both eBay and Amazon. It can still be had brand-new at four different stores in my hometown of Wasilla for a lowest price of $5.89 (Target) and a highest of $14.99 (Carrs, which is owned by Safeway, which is owned by Albertsons). I went searching and couldn't find anything about why this was so valuable; I just found that some parents absolutely loathe that game for its inherent randomness, and potential to drag on 'til judgement day and trumpets sound. Wikipedia provides the only clue; in 2002 Milton Bradley made a bunch of changes, some of which were probably intended to be more racially or maybe environmentally sensitive, but some others of which appear to serve no real purpose. Mine is the last edition using the 1984 characters and storyline and I... guess that makes it more valuable somehow?

I mean, not that I'm complaining, but still. What the heck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I have one as well (brought by mother's friend from US). Wasn't my favorite, I don't even remember playing it, I preferred domestic games (especially one about cars, was a copy of a 1930s game). I believe there's not much left besides the board and a few cards. Could it be still worth something?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is human.

Human goes to places to get intoxicated hoping to find partner in life, who would not go to places to get intoxicated. I believe there is as much logic as with how some things get valuable.

I have observed certain insanity among some people what comes to these:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=moomin+mug

Then again, it is very part of human nature to have such insane things to click for certain human persons.

Nothing compared to pricing of these, 1800 US money:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/art-abstra...296109?hash=item3d708d08ed:g:XWAAAOSwwzhZTptF
    upload_2018-8-16_14-54-32.png

When there is enough wealth among people who clicks on something, price can go far beyond any reason and logic and that is very human thing to happen, it partly is also why humans can achieve great things, kinda odd feature among them, but they would not be human without such thing.

Oh yes, morning thing, there were again bunch of intoxicated young persons waiting for a bus, guy started punching girl to face without much of any apparent reason, cops take both away as girl started punching pretty much everyone, defending a guy etc.

At the evening cops came too as someone fired a gun near bar, which is not really that rare.

People are not too well, I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-8-16_12-51-6.png

I guess this is my life now... faaaaaahk

• Like Like x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I spent over 2 hours on that canopy, such a simple piece, but I needed to have frame parts in 3d and I could not figure out easier way than manually drag every edge, extruding did not want to work for it.
    upload_2018-8-18_12-21-21.png

But dragging edges does not feel awfully slow, luckily don't need to wait too long for a rendering to happen.

There are many bits that need redoing, lack of skill and everything.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Getting old is not cheap, they did order more pills, so that is additional 80 euros per month now and I was thinking about saving for computer upgrades, pfff...

8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I have had quite a lot of shit going on in my life right now, that I really don't wish to talk about in public. So, have a somewhat more positive blogpost! :) I've been playing a lot of Saints Row: The Third recently. It looks great on PC, and the Sandbox+ mod really improves the overall experience. Sadly, this game is quite underrated, but it's pretty fun and enjoyable regardless. The game is too easy on easy, but hardcore mode makes the game pretty intense. I did a playthrough on X360, but the PC port is infinitely better. The main reason it is better, besides graphics and FPS, is the Sandbox+ mod, which adds a day/night cycle, the ability to toggle various mission related game features, and even switch factions to the police or the various enemy factions in the game.

One of the cool things in the game are these sort of "Random Events" that occur on the roads. I've seen road construction, traffic stops, and just now I found this police checkpoint! I still can't believe that GTA doesn't have this stuff IIRC.

In other news, apparently the punishment for stealing a fence is death. :|

I'll probably have more posts on SR3 as I attempt to keep my mind off recent events.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Took a rather rough spill off my bike for the first time in a long while, which is amazing given the amount of riding I do. Not intense, just frequent. My elbow was pretty banged up, but I’m alright now. Funny thing is it was the slowest I was going the entire ride when I crashed. On the bright side though, I acquired a decent enough laptop to run Rigs of Rods at a solid 60 FPS most of the time, which has been fun.

10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So I was playing some CoD 4 and some kid claims to have swatted me. I don't even know why, considering he was fricking destorying me.

That was almost 40 minutes ago, so I'm pretty sure if he'd actually called anyone they'd have been here by now. Either that or they went to the wrong house (people who try to trace me by my IP usually get it way wrong, for some reason).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Upgraded GPU today: Asus GTX970 Strix >> EVGA GTX1070 SC.
    Instead of going for new this time, I checked the used market nearby, and actually found a quite good deal. Card has less than 11 months of life, still with warranty.
    Putting my GTX970 on the used market as well, this upgrade would cost me barely 100 bucks.
    DSC_0002.jpg

Trivia: The 970 is actually more fat than the 1070. The box too, almost double the size.

• Like Like x 6
  12. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

How much do you plan to market the 970 for?

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Could go for super fast cycles render times using both together :rolleyes:
    For cranking out awesome profile pictures in just over half the time of the 1070 alone.

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Placed it at 200, which is more or less in line with similar offers.

Would be cool, but I don't render as often, so I'd rather get something for it. Also my PSU might not be able to handle that (650w)
    (for the records, pp already renders quite quick. Above was just done in 4 seconds. And upcoming Eevee (hype!) is pretty much real-time.

:D
    1.jpg

#494 Nadeox1, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  15. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Still in Germany and damm, the landscape is beautiful here! (Better then the always pancake-like The Netherlands, altho that be look cool sometimes too)
    IMG_20180822_130320.jpg IMG_20180826_214623.jpg
    I'm going home tomorrow, and I have some awesome ideas for Beam maps :).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I also have an EVGA 1070 SC. I highly reccomend that card, I have had mine for more than 1 year now and have had no issues. Great choice, hope you enjoy it.

17. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I also own The EVGA 1070 SC, although It's the Black Edition (which means no Backplate for me :( ). Everything is good if you ignore Nvidia's faulty driver support...

I actually think about upgrading to a Vega card, just because I always wanted an all AMD PC and because I don't really want to support Nvidia's annoying business decisions any longer.

In other News:

This is what it looked like when I copied one of my SHM-CDs to Windows 10 WMP 12 the other day
    Unbenafnnt.png
    Interesting. Granted, It is a Japanese SHM-CD but Windows 7 sure didn't do that and strangely none of my other Japanese CDs does that under Win 10, not even the self-imported ones...

What is 'Contemporary Pop' anyways?
    --- Post updated ---
    Missing a few slot blanks there...

#497 Wild Hog, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  18. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Modern pop, maybe.

OT: Revising my studies, ATM.

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Actually it is better not to have backplate as backplate always traps some heat.

I had to punch few extra holes to my case as well, even I have two fan slots at top of case and there are two fans pushing air in, it is not enough, with bit more holes at back there is more circulation trough convection effect. Even I'm running modern efficient hardware, that still creates quite a bit of heat and as room temperature refuses to go much below 25 here, case temp gets bit high for my liking.

Then again, top of the case during gaming is close to 37C which means if you put chocolate there for 10 minutes or so, it is perfectly softened and I hope everybody knows that chocolate at nice 30C temperature has better taste and softness is just about right.

Never eat your chocolate cold! :)

20. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Or take off your cooler and thermal paste and enjoy some CPU fudge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice