Your real life car crashes and consequences

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Mitki4a, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

In this thread you can share what real life car crashes have you survived and pictures of them, consequences, cars involved in the crash, the reason, etc. I think this will help future and young drivers be aware of those situations...

2. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

yeah, like i watch car crash videos mainly to make myself aware of dangers. good one! XD

3. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

Like anyone watches those videos for educational reasons...
    And if there is one thing i have always wanted to do after watching these kind of videos was to get a old hag of a car and run it down until it's a lump of shit (closed off area ofc) :p

4. D-dude

D-dude
    Expand Collapse

I've only had one serious crash, teenage me fell asleep at the wheel and i ran into the pointy end of a guardrail. Rolled over three times and landed upright. All i got for a trophy was a mild concussion, which is why now i am very wary of teenagers driving:rolleyes:.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Driving through tesco car park as you do, some dude reversed from his space without looking straight into my door. Had to have the entire door replaced and side of car resprayed to match. Some people say that speed causes accidents, even driving slowly through a car park managed to result in me having a part of the car replaced.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I hit a deer at about 75 mph in my plymouth breeze. No injuries to me, but the linkage disconnected for shifting so I was stuck in drive, the radiator was junk, hood was junk, hood broke the winsheild, front plastic bumper was junk, air box/intake was junk, I had to glue the fuse box back together. Still drove the rest of the way home lol. All in all, it was about $250 pulling all the parts off old cars, and an extra $100 to have the windshield replaced and installed.

7. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

once upon a time, in my 1987 f150....

at the coledge I went to there was one, just one, parking spot at by the cafeteria the no one would park in. it had a large concrete pole that took up 3ft of the parking space at the front of the spot, and everyone was afraid of bumping it and, GASP! scratching their beautiful paint! I on the other had used this spot daily, as my truck was a complete beater (bought it from a junkyard, bent frame) I would just bump into the pole at 2-3 mph then go in and eat.

well one day it decided to snow (a rare sight in Waco indeed) and after my morning class I went to have lunch, the snow was bad for texas, I pulled a few inexperienced drivers out of ditches and the like. but I finaly got to the cafeteria, of course only my spot was open, but on the other end of the parking lot I saw a beat up compact that would shurely take my spot if he found it. I gunned the engine and raced for my spot. (no way im walking from my apartment in this shit!) unfortunatly I completely forgot about the layer of ice and snow that now covered the lot, I tried to stop, but to no avail. I SLAMMED into the pole at 15-20mph, I should note here that my truck had no airbags and the seatbelts were broken. (didn't retract, just lazily layed on your sholder) I slammed into the steering wheel and then into the windshield, leaveing a nice gash and more than a few brueses, my head also cracked the windshield. i layed back in the seat and had a cigarette, then after i had calmed a bit, went to inspect the outside of my truck. witch wasent nearly as bad as i expected, the pole had pushed my bumper back roughly 3 inches on the passenger side, the bumper was now bent in the middle and sat right under the headlight. turns out my weak, old, bent, junkyard frame decided to bend some more. rather than messing up the body work, the frame shifted to one side making the frame look like this.
    http://allprofleetpainting.com/images/frame-diamond-damage-lg.jpg
    what did i do after that? i went in and got my lunch ofcourse! then drove that old beater back to the house, then to work, then to class, and i kept driving it just like it was for 2 more years lol.

8. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Well I haven't crashed my Toyota.. YET.

But I've crashed the dirt bike loads, does that count? :p

I was doing some trials on the old 125 Honda, went up a bank and I slid off the rear end, clipped a bit of metal on the way back and ripped a hole in my leg. Good times! Luckily it didn't hit the crown joules.

9. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

reversed moms tiny toyota into a lightpole right in the blindspot at 1kph. needed to snap the rear bumper back into place.
    My own car; driving over a big (invisible) curb at the gas station while laughing with a friend. no evident alignment issues..
    Saved a good deal of bad close calls with understeers / oversteers from occasions like exiting the highway in heavy rain but no accidents so far.

10. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

worst yet was lightly tapping a snow bank with the ass end while trying to drift in the snow.

Another time i went around a corner a bit to fast in the snow and the ass end caught up to the front end. Hit a curb with the broad side of my tire while doing that. Didn't hurt anything though

11. flutterbat

flutterbat
    Expand Collapse

Well I had a nice wreck when my brother was teaching me reverse.... I freaked out when it started to reverse, I pressed the gas instead of the brake and almost ripped the engine compartment off the Nissan Maxima as I hit the side of the garage.... It was the pastors car... and my brother got in big trouble... :p

12. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I was riding in my mom's minivan in the passenger seat with her driving through the center of town. The person in front of the person in front of us slammed on their brakes for an unknown reason so the car behind him/her slammed on her brakes then my mom did so too. Heavy minivan+crap brakes=boom boom. We were doing maybe 20MPH on impact. The driver we hit actually was the mom of my brother's friend. She got wiplash but her car was fine. My mom's minivan was totaled. (The stupid air bags didn't even go off. At least we weren't hurt.)

My mom has this trend of totaling cars a while after the car loan is paid off. And she never gets hurt in the accidents. (There are 2 exceptions, one time someone smashed into her car and another time she gave the car to my grandpa who totaled it.)

13. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The worst "accident" I've ever had is backing a jetski trailer into a large mud bank. I thought the tires would start climbing before the back of the frame hit the hill. Didn't work that way. The frame hit first. No damage was done accept a slightly angry dad.

14. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

A few years ago I was driving home from visiting family in a Neighboring state several hours away. It was around 10pm or so and I was starting to get tired. I was cruising down the Highway at 70mph in my dads Town & Country minivan when a dead deer carcass laying in my lane suddenly enters the view of my head lights. :eek: There were cars behind me and it was too late to move into another lane so I floored it and hoped for the best. BOOM I hit the dead deer hard. It made a very loud bang and I was afraid I had damaged something in the undercarriage but the steering was fine and there was no over heating so I decided that there was no immediate need to pull over. I drove for maybe 10 minutes and then took an exit, and pulled into a fast food restaurant. I was tired and it was dark so I didn't feel like really inspecting the van, so I took a look at the front of the van and didn't see anything wrong with the bumper. One thing I noticed was an unpleasant smell but it didn't smell like a chemical form under the hood so i just assumed it was something in the area. So I got my food got into the van and continued my journey home. Finally I reached my house, I pulled the van into the drive way and opened the door. The second I opened the door a unbelievable awful smell instantly overpowered me. It was like the smell I noticed at the fast food restaurant, but it was about 10,000 times worse. I was gagging as I was unloading my things from the van and putting them into the house, I eventually had to ask my mom to unload the van because I thought I was about to vomit. What made it worse was that the smell barley had any effect on her. :eek: The worse part of this story came a couple days after. The smell had finally died down so I decided to jack the van up and look underneath to see if the undercarriage had been damaged. After raising the car up I slid underneath to see what I could find. What I found instead was rotten deer carnage. It makes me shiver to this day. :( Anyways The smell and deer parts eventually wore off, so i guess the moral of the story is if you hit a dead rotting deer in your car, take it to a mechanic shop you hate. lol :p

It wasn't a full on crash, but the smell was pretty disturbing. :)

15. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

I crashed a 5 ton into the back of a city bus at 60kmh. I looked away for a second and looked back to see the bus I was following stopped half in my lane, and a car half in my lane on the opposite side. I went around the car and got the back corner of the bus with the right fender of the 5 ton. It pushed the bumper out of the way, ripped through the fiberglass hood, pushed the wheel back into the fuel tank. Which ripped the u bolts off the front axle, bent the frame. The passenger side window exploded inwards. I was picking glass chunks out of my clothes and backpack etc. The bus only had a broken tail light for visual damage lmao, some of the rear seat mounts were busted. Luckily I only had a single pain of glass in the back, if the truck was loaded it would have been a baaad scene. Was like $50,000 of damage to a 2008 Sterling Acterra. Never look away from the road, not even a glance if you can help it.

16. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Tray sliding in my 07 civic with a car load of people ended up with getting loads of stuff fixed that didn't cost a time. Thanks insurance :).. Was doing fine. Already slid through 2 sets of trays. 3rd set I was going hard lol.. I figured I'd play it cool and walk it out in the road sideways. By then I knee the trays were almost dead and it would catch traction soon.. So I slowly came out of the ebrake to recover traction. Problem tho my Car was super sideways with the steering wheel cocked enough to keep the car going straight. Well the rear end out of nowhere caught traction and having the steering wheel almost at a full lock. It slung my and I countered the best I could. Fender and windsheild caught a mailbox.

Next day I took a brick a smacked the hood by the rest of the damage so I could get a fresh paint job on the fading poor quality Honda paint. :)

17. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

Spoken like a true teenager.

Here's the only accident I've been in. Coming home and a deer decided it wanted to jump in the road.

(imported from here)

Needed a new bumper, headlight, fender, inner fender and some work to the front drivers side door (fender impacted it) plus plaint. All total about $2,000.

18. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

And was the deer fine? :)

19. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I was a little over exaggerated but meh was tired and wanted to say it like that lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

20. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I have had 2 crashes in my life, and underage me has not driven yet.
    1. In my LR Disco, my dad was blasting along I-985 at 75 MPH (120.7 KM/H), and a deer darted out in front of it. A heavy yuppie-mobile. The deer did not fare well, its organs and other bits were scattered along the highway, and that day my dad kept to himself cleaning all of the blood and guts out of the rad and engine bay, including the intake.

2. This was about a month ago, my dad was driving his new used Focus to pick me up from school, and an Asian lady turned around too wide, and he was going straight, so SMASH, his rear bumper was torn off against its will. That kinda also knocked the clutch into a worse state it was in already, in which it slipped every 30 seconds, and now slips about a half-mile at a time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice