Your Ultimate Roadtrip Playlist

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Occam's Razer, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I'm not quite sure what compelled me to make this post, but it sounds like a fun point of discussion: what's the best roadtrip music? The best songs, the best bands, the best genres? Would your perfect playlist vary, changing depending on your surroundings, or would it stay steady the whole way through?

Try to be brief, don't link a YouTube copy of literally every song you'd put on your playlist, just one or two will do. Also, I know 'Country Road' and 'On the Road Again' are classics, but if you're up to the challenge, I want you to be less literal and think of songs that match the open highway and the spirit of travel for reasons not strictly tied to the title and lyrics.

So to those of you who have driven long distances (3+ hrs) for pleasure/sightseeing/entertainment purposes, what kind of music do you like to listen to on the road? To those that haven't, what kind of music do you think you would play were you to take a roadtrip?

2. 0atsmea1

0atsmea1
    Expand Collapse

A couple of times a year I will find myself and my family on a road trip together, getting to know Western Australia better and better. On the course of our adventures, we have the radio tuned to 94.5 that consists of a variety of smash hits from across the world like OutKast's Hey Ya! or Queen's We Will Rock You.

My family and I enjoy listening to smash hits from the radio because it has the joy of not knowing what song will come next, but knowing it will be something we know ("oh, I know this song!") so we can sing along.

94.5 live if you're interested: http://player.mix.com.au/mix#/

3. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, radio is a dying art in an on-demand world, but I do like the uncertainty of what comes next and the songs that aren't what one listens to normally forces you out of your comfort zone sometimes. Plus you get the news as well.

Personally, I tend toward classic rock. Nostalgia, but not somber or longing. A few gems from my ideal roadtrip:

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice