1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Alt+P Screenshots - Lightning "Collage" Effect

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by CarlosAir, Sep 20, 2014.

1. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

When I take screenshots via Alt+P, especially when lots of dark shadows are present and/or there is different lightning throughout the scene, the 9 shots taken are very distinguishable and do not mege nicely together. Each section has it's own lightning. And even sometimes the shots mismatch, and are not correctly aligned. I'm attaching some screenshots taken via Alt+P where the problem can be very clearly seen, this happens in every screenshot I take, but most of the time is barely noticeable. I can't check it now, but I imagine it's only when using high lighting settings and PostFX.

Edit: Screenshots have been compressed when posted here. The "collage" effect is even more noticable in the original pictures :p

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00086.png
    • screenshot_00093.png
    • screenshot_00089.png
    • screenshot_00075.png
    #1 CarlosAir, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's the SSAO.
    I suggest to take picture from a distance position, and preferably not in places like inside a vehicle to prevent that, for now.

3. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly sure what SSAO is, but I get the idea. I hope this gets fixed at some point in the future, meanwhile, I think I'll stick to what you said.
    Thanks for the response.

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

One of the four post-processing effects. It adds shadows in corners and such, and as it's name suggests it's Screen Space dependent Ambient Occlusion. So as the camera moves to take the shots the effect changes.

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

SSAO is Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, and it basically darkens places that are not directly shaded but shouldn't be fully illuminated - like a corner. It's noticeable under the cars in BeamNG as without it the underside is totally illuminated whereas with SSAO it's really dark and shaded.

ambient-occlusion.png

EDIT: NINJA'd by Pulley

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The other one, don't go in mud when taking those screenshots, or sand, or dirt or anything else that causes particles to be kicked up from behind. THey will appear in the centre of the 9 segments only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice