1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Car restoration stories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by destroyer8769, Nov 1, 2015.

1. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Post your in-game restoration stories, i'll start

11/08/15 - We found an old Gavril Barstow in a shed at a lumber mill, we knew this was the perfect car for our restoration project, the panels were in great condition, it was only missing a few.

-The car.

12/08/15 - We picked up the car, and began taking it back to town.

-Picking it up.

-Ready to roll.

-The way into town.

-Turning into the garage.

13/08/15 Restoration begins, finding parts was quite easy as these cars were very popular.

-Restoring to former glory.

17/08/15 Restoration finished., new motor, wheels and awaiting paint.

-Nearly done.

20/08/15 - Project finished, sweet new paint and stripe, ready to go racing and to shows.

-The Hornet.

Total cost of repairs: $15000 (expensive engine block, cheap panels, needed new wheels and paint.

Thanks for reading!

#1 destroyer8769, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. PaintSniffer

PaintSniffer
    Expand Collapse

This old thing has been sitting in my driveway for a few months now. I just haven't really gotten around to working on it yet. It's got a 353 that's covered in all kinds of nests. I'm Sure I'll get to it eventually, then I'll post my progress.
    screenshot_00026.png
    P.S. How do I make images larger like yours?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

i've had this 200BX in my shed for... who knows how long? I will probably get around to restoring it in about... 100'000'000'000'000'000'000 years.:(
    screenshot_00196.png screenshot_00197.png
    oh...and forget the pessima in the backround...that's my daily

4. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

i just take screens in game and upload them to the beam server (that option) and then i insert images with that link

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I imported this old Barstow from the states it was a wreck when I found it according to the VIN plate this car was the top of the line kingsnake model.
    so far I have disassembled the car, fixed all of the rust, given it a full repaint to its original colour Citrus Orange and refurbished the interior oh and I have replaced the chrome trim.
    its on hold as I am moving to a new house with a nice garage.
    screenshot_00007.png
    auto restoration is expensive.

6. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

We got a new garage, this is a the first project in it, a Covet restoration

30/08/15 - First project in our new garage, we found a Covet that is in alright condition, it just needs a front end replacement, it was modded by the owner so it should run good when we are done.

-Found in an old warehouse, abandoned.

31/08/15 - Loading the car and awaiting the ferry at the docks/

-Loading it.

-Its a waiting game.

05/09/2015 - We pick up the car and take it to our new garage.

-Shipping damage wasn't much of a worry.

-Loading time.

-Dropping it off at our new garage.

06/09/2015 - Time to begin this restoration.

-Time to start.

10/09/2015 - Full front end replacement underway.

-Faceless.

13/09/2015 - Restoration finished, it only needed a front end replacement, the engine and running gear, as well as the rear and the chassis were fine. Kept the paint the same, this will be fun for track days.

-Ready to Ride.

-Total cost in repairs: $5000 (covet parts are cheap and only front end damage

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 2
  7. DavidTheTechGeek

DavidTheTechGeek
    Expand Collapse

After inheriting this old Gavril Barstow, I began to realize what my grandfather was unable to do with this great car. He had bought it right before he became ill, and I knew that he would want me to do something with it. It was only the stock version, but I found many parts that helped me. I started on eBay, finding painted bumpers to really make the car pop. I wanted to keep the color in it's stock, beige. I wanted to keep it original, but still make it my own. I had some vinyl black stripes painted on the car. Nothing fancy, but it gave it an edge. I then went to the internet, trying to find the V8 that he had always wanted. I did. The 393 V8. I didn't care about the price, I bought that engine and within the next two weeks, dropped it right into the car. Now, it was just small things to make this car perfect. I found some caps for the wheels that I could put on to tie it all together. I also found an original racing steering wheel from the high end models of this car. I switched it out and I now am finished. I wish my grandfather was here today to see what a masterpiece his car became.

Before:
    screenshot_00016.png

After:
    screenshot_00017.png
    screenshot_00018.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

-I found this Moon-Hawk in the bushes while i was delivering hay.

-I went back and for a truck to tow it

-Here it is loaded up

-I got the car to the "shop"

-Here is the car after i tore it apart and fixed the bods and also put some primer on it

-Here is after i found some body parts and started the new engines stage 1 turbo

-Here is the car ready for paint with the turbo chargers done
    -I painted the car and its done now!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidTheTechGeek

DavidTheTechGeek
    Expand Collapse

I was driving down the road going back home from work on Friday night. I saw what looked like something sticking out of the trees. It was an Argenta Civetta Bolide 320.
    screenshot_00020.png
    I called up my buddy and he brought over his tow truck. He put the back on a winch and pulled it out.
    screenshot_00021.png
    We drove to my house and fixed up the front end. I didn't get a picture before sadly.
    Here it is parked next to my car.
    screenshot_00022.png
    From here, I set out on replacing all of the body panels. I started with the right door.
    I then moved to the left fender, then I put in brand new glass. I tracked down a seller with bumpers and threw them on.
    screenshot_00023.png
    This is what the car looked like after I restored it to stock. I wanted to do something special however.

In their hay-day, these cars were very fast. I wanted to make the base model a bit more modern. I started by getting new wheels.
    I found a great deal on 15x12 Civetta competizione wheels. They looked great. This car was coming together.

I then got a buddy of mine to make a custom vinyl to wrap around the car to match the old advertisements.
    Here is a picture with the vinyl and new wheels.
    screenshot_00023.png

I found an old exhaust system from a salvage sport model. I put the new manifold on.
    screenshot_00024.png
    This car was complete.

I sold the Barstow to fund the project and honestly, I'm happy I did. I will be keeping this car for a very long time.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Andrew W.

Andrew W.
    Expand Collapse

I was driving through Black Hills last Friday and I saw this... An Ibishu Covet DX Automatic.

2015-11-01_00013.jpg 2015-11-01_00014.jpg 2015-11-01_00012.jpg

I got some photos taken before a man looking like Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones stepped out and lit a cigarette, he sensed my interest and asked why. I told him that I was a fan of Covets and seeing this one with literally no rust and fixable body damage, he was proud of his Covet. Here's an interior shot, I only got one because the interior stank so bad of cigarettes.

2015-11-01_00015.jpg

You can only see a splash of mud, but it is reasonably clean and intact. I asked the guy if it was for sale, he said no but he was interested in selling the Covet. I offered 2,500 and he accepted gladly.

2015-11-01_00016.jpg 2015-11-01_00017.jpg 2015-11-01_00018.jpg

I've driven a few high end ZXi Covets in my life, but never a base model, so I had forgotten how sluggish the carbureted 1.5L 4 banger engine was and the abysmal 4-speed automatic was, yet I still fell in love with it. My home shop is a few miles away so this is all I have for today. My friend was with me and made fun of my newly bought Covet. "It has only one mudflap!" or "The interior ranks worse than your farts!" is usually what he said while driving behind me in his good ol' Gavril Barstow KingSnake manual. Expect more photos soon when I get home. Thanks for reading! :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

15 February 2007: I found this old, beat-up Gavril Grand Marshal at the BeamNG Port one day:

I'm in the ARIES (Automobile Repair and Internal Engine Services Corporation), you see, so one day I decide to carry it back to my workshop at the Port:

The first thing I do is remove some of the parts that I can buff out later. Since Grand Marshals were the best-selling full-size sedans of the 1990s, I find missing parts for the car without trouble. With my luck, I found about three parts a day. Here's the progress of repairing the car:

screenshot_00183.jpg screenshot_00184.jpg screenshot_00185.jpg screenshot_00186.jpg screenshot_00187.jpg screenshot_00188.jpg screenshot_00189.jpg

27 February 2007: After that, I spray-paint it in a somewhat less ugly color and give it the proper badging:

28 February 2007: Off it goes, ready for someone to give me money for it :D :

If anyone wants it, you can have it for $1,995. I'll change the color to your preference for an extra $50. Pick it up at the south side of the Port. You need a boat to retrieve it ;).

I'll admit, I will miss this car, but at least it finally realizes that it is worth being driven by someone who loves destroying cars :p .

• Like Like x 3
  12. Andrew W.

Andrew W.
    Expand Collapse

I got home a few minutes ago and instantly started snapping pictures of the Covet.

2015-11-01_00019.jpg 2015-11-01_00020.jpg
    Not surprisingly, the mudflap remaining on the Covet fell off on the way home. I managed to pop the rear bumper back in place and fixed the latch that locked the hatch in place (it was held down by some twine before.) I drove over to my friends house and we busted out his dad's tools and got to work.

2015-11-01_00021.jpg
    Mom managed to clean the interior and used enough Lysol to rid the cigarette stench. (thanks Mom!)

2015-11-01_00026.jpg

I managed to pick up some color bumpers from the local scrap yard down the road. You can see, we put on some new RallyArmor mudflaps on, they are made of better quality nylon too.

2015-11-01_00027.jpg

It was Sunday and my mother and I drove the Covet to church, it ran like a champ thanks to the new love it is getting. On the way back home, I saw some boxes stacked next to the front door on the porch. My Wangan-RS 17x8 rims came in!

2015-11-01_00022.jpg 2015-11-01_00029.jpg

I bolted them on and I took some photos of them. Lookin' hot there Covet...

2015-11-01_00030.jpg

Driving home from the Ibishu Dealer and I used my brother's 'Don'tGoPro' and got a good photo of the Wangan wheels, noticed the ride height lower? yep, the guys at East Coast Ibishu put on custom race struts from a sunburst converted for the Covet. I forgot to say above, I put on a right door mirror too. :)

After school, I did some more work on the Covet, such as putting on a strut bar and a minor skid plate. I was told that the Covet of that year used an exhaust system that hung too low if the car was lowered. So I got a custom exhaust, which was NOT a big improvement on the ground clearance... I got a skid plate fabricated at East Coat Foundry then I pop it on with 12 bolts, ain't going nowhere soon...

2015-11-01_00025.jpg

Went to East Coast Ibishu again... and had the transmission swapped out for a race 6-speed manual transmission. -cat calls-
    Since I am officially a frequent customer of East Coast Ibishu, I got this.

2015-11-01_00031.jpg
    Ibishu's own Deep Dish wheel... :)

2015-11-01_00032.jpg
    Here is the girl today... She is never going to leave the clutches of my hands. I love her too much to sell it. I hope you guys like it almost as much as I do. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Love the stories guys, keep em coming!

15/09/15 - Looking for another car to restore when I found this Pessima in pretty bad shape, damaged rear and parts stolen from the front.

-Found.

16/09/15 - Loading it onto the truck, you can see the rear is in pretty bad shape.

-Waiting...Again.

18/09/15 - We got the car at our docks, time to take it to the garage.

-Loaded.

-On the way.

-Unloading.

-Inside.

20/09/15 - Rear restoration finished, time to find parts for the front.

-Booty.

21/09/15 - Front restoration complete, time to mod this thing!

-Fixed up.

24/09/15 - Engine and running gear replaced, running a V6 instead of the 1.8 SOHC, and on race suspension, time for new shoes.

-The heart.

25/09/15 - New shoes, semislicks and sweet rims.

-Footwear.

26/09/15 - Awesome new paint job done and out in the sun!

-Cool blue.

-Icyyyy.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

Great stories, I like the idea!

However, your FPS counter caught my eye. How can you get 28 FPS with those specs?
    Have you checked if power saving mode is on perhaps? You should be getting solid 60 on med settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

When I was driving home from work,I saw an ibishu covet zxi beside an abandoned warehouse.

When I got home I jumped straight into my tow truck and drove to it. when i picked it up I noticed a bend in the shell at the back.

After taking it back to my garage, I stripped it and buffed out the bends and dents. I also removed the graphics as they were ripped and would be hard to restore.

After a while of searching on NODEbay, i found some parts for the car. I installed the front parts then the parts for the rear.

front done.

rear done.
    Next, I replaced the smashed windows with clean, new ones and added a skidplate on the underside.

After this, I unearthed some nice navy blue spray paint and gave the car a custom paint job.

Also, I sourced some black sports wheels that replaced the stock ones.

THE FINAL PRODUCT:

• Like Like x 1
  16. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

found this old gal all beaten down and rusty then desided to restore it and loaded it on the flatbed

unafortunaly i had no garage or space left sooo i restored it on a local parking lot i could use
    and after 7 months of working i removed all damaged parts and dented out the rest of the body and started with the back

when i finally got somewhere i continued with the suspension, wheels, brakes and the interior luckily that didnt too long so i could on the engine, transmission etc.
    and at last i gave it a new engine and gave a fresh new paint job

this restoration took almost a year but the end project was amazing and she ran like she was new thanks for reading i had lots of fun making this small story hope you like it

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00081.png
    • Like Like x 2
  17. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

Where is that showroom mod and how are your guys pics so clear? I just took a screen shot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

game and computer on highest specs and zoomed in

19. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

It's in high settings etc and it's a desktop so not power saving

Using the photo tool In game at high settings and the showroom is in green valley (by ouerbacker (not sure if released))

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

Desktop has power saving mode as well, along with Balanced and High Performance.
    But that would be offtopic :rolleyes:
    Highest settings explains the (lower) FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice