Outdated CRD Monster Truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by SealedGecko, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Superman is indeed on CRD, but it's ugly as hell... ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, I've uploaded a beta version of the gold Maximum Destruction as a separate vehicle. Loosely based on this vehicle by rockgod24 (textures and body mesh reworked by me).

Includes:

- Lowered/Stiffened suspensions
    - Turbocharged engine (@1765HP)
    - Improved brakes
    - Realigned chassis (doesn't veer to the right anymore!)
    - Random bugfixes
    - A lot of stuff I probably forgot. I'm seeing this truck more often than my kids these days...

Max-D features working front and rear lights and a shiny gold paintjob. And that's about it, really.

Known issues:

- The drivetrain may need some more tweaks.
    - Since the body is still non-deformable, the shell may react wierdly to impacts/spike in or out.
    - Lights do deform (well, their supports do), but can't break yet, so they'll keep working even if the front clip is smashed.
    - My Simulated LED Taillights™ may kill your retinas if you stare at them long enough.
    - Due to the sloping roofline, rear visibility is rather limited, so watch it when you reverse-park.

Download and test it if you like. Most of the upgrades will carry over to the main mod, so some feedback is appreciated! :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

The Max-D truck is great! I love the look of the shell. I'm not sure if it's what you did to the suspension but it gets stuck a lot less and that's great for me. 10/10
    Thought I'd add this just for fun. (My computer started to not have fun with all these spawned in. XD)

#282 HumanTarget, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Suspensions have been lowered and stiffened, in order for them to cope with the almost doubled power output of the new engine. New differential and revised tires to improve traction.

Also... As I mentioned, the entire right half of the chassis was pushed inward a little. The coordinates for the nodes on the right side weren't mirrored exactly, and that caused the center of gravity to be a tad misaligned, which in turned caused the truck to pull to the right and suspension to act strange at high speeds.

BTW, have you tried driving Max-D at night with its Awesome Lights of Awesomeness™ on? ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    You're missing a couple of them... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    No I haven't. I actually forgot this game had a day/night cycle.
    Maybe you should send me those extra shell files so I can update that picture. XD ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Uploading them as we speak.
    It's a... tiny wee bit... unsettling... :cool:

Attached Files:

• lights.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  6. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

Getting a good night time setting is hard, either still bright out, or horror movie dark. :p And the red lights look like something about to attack you.
    Oh boy can't wait for new stuff! It's like Christmas!

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Here they are, the "main" mod with 2 more skins - Apex Runner, Growing Darkness - and all the structural updates first seen on Max-D. A new rear axle with steering disabled is included.

Since it wasn't meant for release today, configurations are still absent, so you'll have to pick the paint scheme you want from the parts selector.

As usual, feedback is highly appreciated!

Now I'll get to work on the beams for the horns on the roof of El Toro Loco. Without any support, they tend to shake when the truck moves, so at least a rigidifier and some collision spots are needed...

Will post it as soon as it's ready.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Unnecessarily complicated beam structure for the horns on the roof.

They also serve nicely as a makeshift rollbar, just in case... ;)

El Toro Loco is coming up next with its squat stance and exclusive lexan windshield.

Maybe I'll tone down the engine a little. According to MonsterJam.com, most Merlin 540CI engines in monster trucks are in the 1500HP state of tune nowadays, so I'll probably go for it instead of the 1765HP rating of the current version.
    --- Post updated ---
    Body mesh smoothed out. And a new color scheme for El Toro Loco getting ready for release!

BTW... I forgot to apply smoothing on the Max-D body before uploading. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Also, Max-D was supposed to get lowered suspensions, but somehow I packed the wrong setup in the previous archive.

Will upload both trucks later. :)

Attached Files:

• beams.jpg
    • squat.jpg
    • toroloco_orange.jpg
    • smoothing.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EDit232 2

EDit232 2
    Expand Collapse

best thing is that they can all float on water. LOL still pretty good tho.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

How come you've never added a first person camera?

11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

That's by design: pressureWheels support buoyancy, these tires are huge and filled with air, so it makes sense that they can keep the truck afloat.
    Well, to put it simply... I kinda forgot to. :rolleyes:

The beta version used to have first person camera, then it stopped working after some update. Then this updated version was released.

By the time I picked this up, it had probably been stripped off completely.

As for me, I never considered the possibility to add it back: I never play with first person camera, so I didn't even realize it wasn't available and it literally went off my radar.

Added to my evergrowing "to do" list. I could probably retire by the time I can get everything done, but here goes nothing... ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Yay, my horny structure (...) works! :rolleyes:

Collisions enabled, they can interact with the environment! :p

Get ready to charge and stab some cars! :D

Attached Files:

• upsidedown.jpg
    • ramp.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  12. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

I say this is the next truck you make/find. XD Nah I'm joking, that would be a lot of work. (Idk why but the back tires look bigger then the front, ignore that XD)

13. Max8Adam

Max8Adam
    Expand Collapse

For some reason when I choose the truck it only goes to the blue metal mulisha

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You probably downloaded the file attached to the first message of this thread.

You can get this one instead, including a few upgrades, fixes and additions to the original mod. :)

15. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i don't like how the diffs aren't locked anymore. i could've saved the truck a few times if i had. there should be an option to lock them.

16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

They're still locked... :confused:

17. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

Someone needs to make a "crush car" for the monster truck. Make it so the car cant roll away after I run over it. Kinda like if the parking break was always on. And also not catch on fire.
    [Not related] For that first person camera, if you are like me and still want to feel like the driver you can go to the relative camera and use WASD to move it into the seat. End up with something like this. Not bad.

#297 HumanTarget, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. djanikowski

djanikowski
    Expand Collapse

In the Max D beta as well as the most recent update of the regular truck, the differentials act as if they are wide open for me. I also cannot put a body on the regular truck for whatever reason, it just stays naked. I'm loving the updates to this mod though.
    EDIT: I cleared my cache, and I can now put a body on the truck.

19. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

not for me. i can no longer spin the truck around while its on its side. the wheels off the ground are the only ones that spin. djanikowski says is perfectly. the diffs are completely open.

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I have configurations for a couple of cars (namely, the old Pessima, the Covet, and a couple more) for that: engine, fuel tank, seats, door panels, side mirrors and hubcaps removed. I use the permanent parking brake (P) to hold them in place.

As an alternative, I've also made configurations without wheels + body colored trim, to be painted matte orange or yellow so that they (kinda) resemble the obstacles on Monster Jam tracks.
    First person camera is coming. Soon™. I'm spending some time with my kid before I'm back to work from vacation, so progress has slowed down a bit. I'm sorry about that.
    The differentials haven't changed. And technically, they're still locked. :)
    Code:
    "differentials":[
      ["wheelName1",  "wheelName2", "type", "state", "closedTorque", "engineTorqueCoef"],
      ["FR","FL", "locked", "closed", 1000, 1]
      ["RR","RL", "locked", "closed", 1000, 1]
      ],
    The problems you're encountering are likely due to the upgraded engine (supercharger). Both the transmission and the differentials should have received some tweaks in order for them to cope with the doubled torque and power outputs. Will get this sorted as soon as possible. :)

As a sidenote... Max-D received a lexan windshield. And the (sorely needed) mesh smoothing I forgot to apply the first time... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• crushcars.jpg
    • maxd_updated.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice