Edit suspension?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by GameNoobTV, Nov 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GameNoobTV

GameNoobTV
    Expand Collapse

I want to edit the suspension of some cars, but I don't know what values I need to change. right now I want to turn a car into an off-road vehicle. All help is very appreciated! :)

2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

If you just want to increase ride hight, the first place to start is the "pre-Compression" on the coilovers/shocks+springs.

To increase damping and softness.. use a lower "BeamSpring", or a higher one with more "BeamDamp".

Just don't go insane, BeamDamp is very touchy, make slow 100-500 increment changes if necessary to remain stable.

For beamspring try changes of 10 000 - 25 000

also try increasing chassis shockmount weights in the main jbeam file if you are having more issues, really it depends what car you are doing this on.

And if you want true offroad suspension you'll need to pretty much remake the entire suspension from the ground up.

3. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Do you raise or lower pre-compression? I wanted to lower the front of the Bolide, and basically turn it into a ramp(yes I know I would have to make the nosecone longer and strengthen it too but I can kinda do that although it would be invisible because it would have no model), but the wheels flew off as soon as it spawned in(admitadly I did tweak some other suspension stuff a bit too much perhaps(set damping to 51000 or something like that and suspension to 10 times what it normally is)

4. GameNoobTV

GameNoobTV
    Expand Collapse

I want to make a tall SBR that's half as tall as the offroad truck.

@Slayersen

#4 GameNoobTV, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Lower pre-compression means the overall beam [in this case the spring/shock assembly which controls the rideheight] will be less and higher = vice versa.

6. GameNoobTV

GameNoobTV
    Expand Collapse

7. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I honestly don't know if you could even get it as high as you want without braking it, I tried raising a few cars by setting the precompression to about 1.5 what it was originally and it broke everytime, the most successful time was when the suspension broke but not the wheels and that was probably only because I strengthened connection of the wheels by quite a bit. And with a car like the SBR it could have some problems with stability when you raise it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice