General computer talk/advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by BlueScreen, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

#2241 Funky7Monkey, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* Finally getting my PC running. Well, working on it. Slowly downloading the Windows 10 install media.

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

My almost-brand-new EVGA B-stock 650ti has let out the magic smoke. I guess that's what I get for using a crappy SATA power to 6 pin adapter from China off the stock 240w PSU that also has to power a Core 2 Quad.. Oh well. Submitted a ticket and I'll see what happens. (Has 1 year warranty.)

The one time I get off my ass to actually set up my server after it sitting on my desk for months and this happens. *sigh* At least it seems to have only killed itself and nothing else.

4. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

so this thing still works. i can get notifications on it and plug it into pc and get files off of it.

5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Did your phone get run over by a bus or something? Also, how the hell did the PCB survive that? It's clearly bent, it's amazing nothing snapped out of place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i have some slight anger issues. so it got kinda thrown. hard. and i dont know how the pcb survived. its bent thats for surre, but i can access it on my computer through usb. its a miracle.

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

You're the kinda person that should own a tough plastic smartphone. Like my Photon Q. That thing stood up to a lot of damage without a scratch.

How it died from a 3ft fall onto a carpet and not from being dropped onto hard tile, I will never know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

So my mouse is having left click issues again.
    It randomly releases and clicks while holding, or double clicks when I click once. Have tried switching buttons in Windows, problem is still with the left click so obviously a hardware fault. Probably the switch is bad.

I think I'll get a G502. Have been wanting one for a while, actually, it's an awesome mouse.

9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I've got a G402. My only regret is not getting the G502. It's awesome.

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I've got a G602, I actually bought it before the G502 was a thing. I wanted the 502 as soon as I saw one.

11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Actually. I've been wanting a G602 or similar good wireless mouse for my laptop for awhile now. (My beat up Logitech travel mouse has been thrown at a wall many times due to crappiness.)

Maybe after you upgrade I could buy it off ya?

12. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

I actually have a G502. There are no cons to the mouse besides the cosmetic blue glowing "G" on the mouse, its comfy, big, lots of DPI settings that makes my CS:GO fetish even better and the scroll wheel is also very nice :)

Only problem that I have is that it collects a lot of crumbs and dirt, giving it more friction, but it already slides like its on ice, and I don't own a mouse pad.

The weights are also cool, comes in a little case and they do affect the mouse a lot, having non makes it slide like its on ice while having them all in will give you a small workout :p

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I have the glowing G turned down so low that I can't even see that it's on unless I pick the mouse up and look directly at it. I love my G402 but I wish I had the extra bits the G502 has.

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Wheeeeeeeeee

• Like Like x 7
  15. masiboss

masiboss
    Expand Collapse

i own one i want to try that but does it damage the mouse?

16. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

It won't damage the mouse, but it's probably a year's worth of scrolling in 10 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ukkone...

Ukkone...
    Expand Collapse

I almost bought that g502. But went with Qpad 8k instead good mouse but it isn't comfy as mionix naos 7000 and now i regret bit that i didn't bought that logitech.

18. masiboss

masiboss
    Expand Collapse

well the warenty is certenly voided

19. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I think that Logitech knew that something like that would happen... I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's how they tested it.

20. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

LOL.

I want to try that on my English assignment :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice