1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse

Or are they?

2. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Someone would have to have very unusual genitalia for them to be bodily fluids. Upon closer inspection, they have a slight metallic sheen, leading me to believe it's actually paint. I plan on reupholstering it anyway since the last person to chose an interesting shade of orange (I'm guessing it was the '70s) which doesn't match the seat back, and did a terrible job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I wish it was less expensive to get in and out of London. To get the train it would cost around £100 at peak times (return ticket). You can buy a functioning car for that sort of money, although good luck with the tax and insurance in my age range :p

For reference, I can get a train to Manchester, then a flight to Paris all with return for cheaper. And the train to Manchester would have been over 66% of the total cost of the journey.

Equally, If I were to pay £100 to get to London and back I could get a flight from London to Breman (Germany where BeamNG is) for £25 with return. Although it would be with RyanAir so there is probably hidden extra charges.

#29383 aljowen, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

when you get bored while studiying matlab :p
    input was 150k

Attached Files:

• stillbored.jpg
  5. sam9

sam9
    Expand Collapse

My headphones are weird , i accidentally plugged the mic into the headphone socket don't ask , yet i could still vaguely hear what was going on! What?

6. ThatGamer164

ThatGamer164
    Expand Collapse

That's why I prefer the USB sound card on my HyperX Cloud IIs. Can't really get that wrong.
    IMG_20170111_210241129.jpg
    yes, that is a clothes peg holding my cables. don't ask.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I also use a USB soundcard for my 5.1 set because I have a laptop. I think I did it smart: an USB hub with mouse, keyboard, ps4 controller for beam and the soundcard, and a HDMI so I only have to plug in 3 cables when I get home (USB, power and HDMI) extra advantage is the easier cable management.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThatGamer164

ThatGamer164
    Expand Collapse

I use my lagtop pretty much as a desktop PC in my bedroom, I have it plugged into my TV via HDMi. Because it only has 3 USB ports I use one of those keyboards where there's a separate keyboard and mouse but one dongle, it's very useful as I wouldn't want to use up two ports because I connect my external drive via USB3 and it would take up the usb3 as one of the usbs doesn't work :p

9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Microphones and speakers are exactly the same thing. If you plug your headphones into the microphone port open audacity and hit record you will be able to use them as a microphone.

The difference being that with headphones/speakers you are using electricity in order to move the speaker driver. With a microphone you are using your voice (or whatever material you are recording) in order to move the speaker driver, which in turn creates electricity that the computer then receives through the mic input.

However it is worth noting that headphones and microphones are often tuned differently. For example a really nice pair of headphones will likely sound fairly naff as a microphone.

10. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I will be getting these two solid brass mardi gras masks in the mail to wear. I love collecting halloween masks still.

Attached Files:

• brass.jpg
    • brass2.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

when everyone in your chat is a racist homophobic asshole n ur jus sittin there like

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse

You a hippie or somethin'?

13. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I'm someone who accepts everyone for who they are, so yeah probably.

• Like Like x 5
  14. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I had just got this slapstick mask last Monday of this week. Now i got the two brass masks coming too.

Attached Files:

• s-l16008.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Turned 16 today, will be starting learning how to drive in real life next month)))
    20170111_193650_HDR.jpg

16. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

I love this truck crash.

17. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Finally have a like on every 2nd post I make!

18. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

happy birthday m9

• Awesome Awesome x 1
  19. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

Well, in Kent, we are due to get; Heavy rain, followed by an unusually high tide, followed by snow, followed by freezing temperatures, followed by gale force winds. All the weather is happening at once here.

20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

From what I've heard, the weather is being absolutely relentless to Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.