help with awd convert

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Jajjaa, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jajjaa

Jajjaa
    Expand Collapse

Hey have been trying to convert a few cars from fwd to awd.
    The same problem occurs, the front wheels spin atleast twice as fast as the rear and explodes..

How can I fix this?

2. karost

karost
    Expand Collapse

maybe it has something to do with the differentials.

3. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

+1.
    are the ratios the same? I really dont know if the ratios are the same in real life

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Is the car high powered? It could be something to do with the type of differential being used. If you have an open center diff, similiar to how an open rear diff works but instead of the wieght shifting left or right making the inside wheel spin. It could be the front ones spinning as all the wieght has shifted to the rear making the rears much harder to spin which causes the fronts to instead.
    Just my 2 cents.

5. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

which cars are you having issues with mate?
    I ran into the issue once before, in hindsight I think it had something to do with the way I had the transfer case connected to the differentials, it might pay to check that you are on the correct outputs from the transfer case, just in case both front and rear shafts or differentials are tied to a single output

6. Jajjaa

Jajjaa
    Expand Collapse

Hey thx for answer it is the Ibishu Covet this time.

I have copied the race front diff and changed it to "hatch_differential_R" so front and rear is exaclty the same, also adding this too one of the gearboxes. When driving in high gear low revs front wheels doesnt slip, only when highpowered start the wheels spin all the way up to over 350km/h (even in low gear) and then explode.

It might have something to do with the center diff?

This is what I copied right after front race diff, basicaly changed all to R.

"hatch_differential_R_race": {
    "information":{
    "authors":"BeamNG",
    "name":"Adjustable Race Limited Slip Rear Differential",
    "value":800,
    },

"slotType" : "hatch_differential_R",

"variables": [
    ["name", "type", "unit", "category", "default", "min", "max", "title", "description"],
    ["$lsdpreload_R", "range", "N/m", "Differentials", 50, 0, 500, "Rear LSD Preload", "Initial cross torque between left and right wheels"],
    ["$lsdlockcoef_R", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.20, 0, 0.5, "Rear LSD Forward Locking ", "Locking effect proportional to engine torque", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
    ["$lsdlockcoefrev_R", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.10, 0, 0.5, "Rear LSD Reverse Locking", "Locking effect proportional to engine braking", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
    ["$finaldrive", "range", ":1", "Differentials", 4.39, 2.0, 6.0, "Final Drive Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
    ],
    "powertrain" : [
    ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
    ["differential", "differential_R", "gearbox", 1, {"diffType":"lsd", "gearRatio":"$finaldrive", "lsdPreload":"$lsdpreload_R", "lsdLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoef_R", "lsdRevLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoefrev_R", "friction":4}],
    ],
    "flexbodies": [
    ["mesh", "[group]:", "nonFlexMaterials"],
    ["hatch_halfshaft", ["hatch_differential","hatch_hub_R","wheelhub_RR","wheelhub_RL","wheelhub_RR","wheelhub_RL"]],
    ],
    "beams": [
    ["id1:", "id2:"],
    //halfshafts
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.06, "beamShortBound":0.06},
    {"beamSpring":0,"beamDamp":0,"beamDeform":5000,"beamStrength":8000},
    {"beamLimitSpring":5001000,"beamLimitDamp":100},
    {"breakGroupType":1},
    {"breakGroup":"wheel_RR"},
    {"optional":true},
    ["fw1r","tra3", {"name":"axle_RR"}],
    {"breakGroup":"wheel_RL"},
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.12, "beamShortBound":0.12},
    ["fw1l","tra2", {"name":"axle_RL"}],
    {"optional":false},
    {"breakGroup":""},
    {"breakGroupType":0},
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},

7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I have the same issue, even with a transfer case, but I deleted that because it didnt help :(
    To solve this issue during gameplay, make sure you dont give full throttle and keep your front wheels on the ground when accelerating.
    my code:
    --- Post updated ---
    perhaps @Diamondback or @synsol could help ?

Attached Files:

8. AdamB

AdamB
    Expand Collapse

My Legran mod did this. It was going to be AWD. But at the last second I changed it to RWD, because it didn't have that problem.

9. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

When I only select the rear diff, it works like expected, but a rally covet and rwd=disaster^100
    So I want it to be AWD or 4wd (doesn't matter for me)

UPDATE:
    with some help from flying to your soul, we noticed that only the front wheels are driven and it bugs out, so I am trying again now by looking at the pessima code since that is a fwd car too with optional rwd :)
    stay tuned.

#9 Blijo, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I got it working :)
    If you add a transfercase, make sure that your input on the diffs is "transfercase" and 1 for the rear diff and 2 for the front diff :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jajjaa

Jajjaa
    Expand Collapse

How? can you copy the text here.

I am getting nowhere been trying to copy most from sunburst but it just turns too shit..

12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Will do it this evening, you can't just copy it since it is for my AWD mid engined rally covet :), see development screenshots for pics

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I posted an awd covet in mod help a few weeks ago. It's a 5-10 minute job. Add a differential to the transmission jbeam with its input set to be gearbox. Change front diff to take the centre diff index 1 as it's input, set rear diff to take centre diff index 2 as it's input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

After I figured it out it was indeed :D.
    But you need to know that the front diff has as input transfercase, 2 and the rear diff transfercase,1 that is all.
    --- Post updated ---
    Code:
    "hatch_transmission_6M_rally": {
            "name":"Rally 6-Speed Manual Transmission",
            "value":700,
        },

"slots": [
            ["type", "default","description"]
             ["hatch_transfer_case","hatch_transfer_case_AWD_race", "Transfer Case"{"coreSlot":true}],
             ["hatch_differential_F","hatch_differential_F", "Front Differential"],

],

"slotType" : "hatch_transmission",

["name", "type", "unit", "category", "default", "min", "max", "title", "description"]
            ["$gear_R", "range", ":1", "Transmission", -3.58, -5.0, -0.5, "Reverse Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_1", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 3.27, 0.5, 5.0, "1st Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_2", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 2.13, 0.5, 5.0, "2nd Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_3", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 1.52, 0.5, 5.0, "3rd Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_4", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 1.15, 0.5, 5.0, "4th Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_5", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 0.92,  0.5, 5.0, "5th Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
            ["$gear_6", "range", ":1", "Transmission", 0.74, 0.5, 5.0, "6th Gear Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
        ],
        "powertrain": [
            ["frictionClutch", "clutch", "mainEngine", 1],
            ["manualGearbox", "gearbox", "clutch", 1],
        ],
        "gearbox": {
            "gearRatios":["$gear_R", 0, "$gear_1", "$gear_2", "$gear_3", "$gear_4", "$gear_5", "$gear_6"]
            "friction": 1,
        },

"vehicleController": {
            "transmissionShiftDelay":0.05,
            "lowShiftDownRPM":[0,0,0,2700,3350,3600,3800,3800]
            "lowShiftUpRPM":5500,
        },
            ["v6_transmission", ["hatch_engine","hatch_transmission"]],
            ["hatch_shifterbase_M", ["hatch_body"]],
        ],
        "props": [
            ["func"      , "mesh"              , "idRef:", "idX:", "idY:"            , "baseRotation"        , "rotation"                 , "translation"        , "min", "max", "offset", "multiplier"]
            //manual transmission
            ["gear_M"   ,"hatch_shifter_M", "f7r","f7l","f8r", {"x":85, "y":0, "z":0}, {"x":0, "y":0, "z":0}     , {"x":0, "y":0, "z":0.0}, 0, 1, 0, 1],
            ["parkingbrake"     ,"hatch_parkingbrake", "f7r","f7l","f8r",  {"x":90, "y":0, "z":0} , {"x":-35, "y":0, "z":0}    , {"x":0.0, "y":0, "z":0}, 0, 1, 0, 1],
            ["clutch"     ,"hatch_clutchpedal", "f1l","f1r","f6l", {"x":0, "y":0, "z":180}, {"x":-25, "y":0, "z":0}    , {"x":0.0, "y":0, "z":0}, 0, 1, 0, 1],
        ],
        "nodes": [
            ["id", "posX", "posY", "posZ"],
            //--6 Speed Manual--
            {"selfCollision":false},
            {"collision":true},
            {"nodeMaterial":"|NM_METAL"},
            {"frictionCoef":0.5},
            {"group":"hatch_transmission"},
            {"nodeWeight":10},
            ["tra1", 0.37000, 0.43000, 0.39000],
            {"group":"hatch_differential"},
            ["tra2", 0.25000, 0.25000, 0.32500],
            ["tra3", 0.00000, 0.25000, 0.32500{"nodeWeight":16}],
            {"group":""},
        ],
              //--TRANSMISSION CONE--
              {"beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
              {"beamSpring":6440460,"beamDamp":145},
              {"beamDeform":780000,"beamStrength":"FLT_MAX"},
              ["tra1","e1r"],
              ["tra1","e3r"],
              ["tra1","e1l"],
              ["tra1","e3l"],
              ["tra1","tra2"],
              ["tra1","tra3"],
              ["tra2","tra3"],
              ["tra2","e2l"],
              ["tra3","e2l"],
              ["tra2","e1l"],
              ["tra3","e1l"],
              ["tra2","e3l"],
              ["tra3","e3l"],
              ["tra2","e4l"],
              ["tra3","e4l"],
              ["tra3","e1l"],
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1.0, "beamShortBound":1.0},
        ],
    },

"hatch_transfer_case_AWD_race": {
            "name":" Race AWD Transfer Case",
            "value":2500,
        },
            ["type", "default","description"]

["hatch_differential_R","hatch_differential_R", "Rear Differential"],

],
        "slotType" : "hatch_transfer_case",

["name", "type", "unit", "category", "default", "min", "max", "title", "description"],
            ["$difftorquesplit_C", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.5, 0.25, 0.75, "Center LSD Torque Split", "Percent torque to rear wheels", {"minDis":25, "maxDis":75}],
            ["$lsdpreload_C", "range", "N/m", "Differentials", 50, 0, 500, "Center LSD Preload", "Initial cross torque between front and rear wheels"],
            ["$lsdlockcoef_C", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.20, 0, 0.5, "Center LSD Forward Locking ", "Locking effect proportional to engine torque", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
            ["$lsdlockcoefrev_C", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.05, 0, 0.5, "Center LSD Reverse Locking", "Locking effect proportional to engine braking", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
        ],
            ["differential", "transfercase", "gearbox", 1, {"diffType":"lsd", "lsdPreload":"$lsdpreload_C", "lsdLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoef_C", "lsdRevLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoefrev_C", "diffTorqueSplit":"$difftorquesplit_C", "friction":5}],
        ],

},

"hatch_differential_R": {
            "name":"Adjustable Race Limited Slip Rear Differential",
        },

"slotType" : "hatch_differential_R",

["$lsdpreload_R", "range", "N/m", "Differentials", 50, 0, 500, "Rear LSD Preload", "Initial cross torque between left and right wheels"],
            ["$lsdlockcoef_R", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.20, 0, 0.5, "Rear LSD Forward Locking ", "Locking effect proportional to engine torque", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
            ["$lsdlockcoefrev_R", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.10, 0, 0.5, "Rear LSD Reverse Locking", "Locking effect proportional to engine braking", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
            ["$finaldrive", "range", ":1", "Differentials", 4.39, 2.0, 6.0, "Final Drive Ratio", "Torque multiplication ratio"]
        ],
            ["differential", "differential_R", "driveshaft", 1, {"diffType":"lsd", "gearRatio":"$finaldrive", "lsdPreload":"$lsdpreload_R", "lsdLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoef_R", "lsdRevLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoefrev_R", "friction":4}],

["shaft", "wheelaxleRL", "differential_R", 1, {"connectedWheel":"RL", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_RL", "friction":2}]
            ["shaft", "wheelaxleRR", "differential_R", 2, {"connectedWheel":"RR", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_RR", "friction":2}]
        ],

},
    "hatch_differential_F_race": {
            "name":"Adjustable Race Limited Slip Front Differential",
        },

"slotType" : "hatch_differential_F"   
            ["type", "default", "description"]
            ["hatch_driveshaft","hatch_driveshaft", "Rear Driveshaft"],
        ],
            ["$lsdpreload_F", "range", "N/m", "Differentials", 50, 0, 500, "Front LSD Preload", "Initial cross torque between left and right wheels"],
            ["$lsdlockcoef_F", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.20, 0, 0.5, "Front LSD Forward Locking ", "Locking effect proportional to engine torque", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
            ["$lsdlockcoefrev_F", "range", "", "Differentials", 0.10, 0, 0.5, "Front LSD Reverse Locking", "Locking effect proportional to engine braking", {"minDis":0, "maxDis":100}],
        ],
            ["differential", "differential_F", "transfercase", 2, {"diffType":"lsd", "gearRatio":"$finaldrive", "lsdPreload":"$lsdpreload_F", "lsdLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoef_F", "lsdRevLockCoef":"$lsdlockcoefrev_F", "friction":4}],
        ],
            ["hatch_halfshaft", ["hatch_differential","hatch_hub_F","wheelhub_FR","wheelhub_FL","wheelhub_FR","wheelhub_FL"]],
        ],
              //halfshafts
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.06, "beamShortBound":0.06},
              {"beamSpring":0,"beamDamp":0,"beamDeform":5000,"beamStrength":8000},
              {"beamLimitSpring":5001000,"beamLimitDamp":100},
              {"breakGroupType":1},
              {"breakGroup":"wheel_FR"},
              {"optional":true},
              ["fw1r","tra3", {"name":"axle_FR"}],
              {"breakGroup":"wheel_FL"},
              {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.12, "beamShortBound":0.12},
              ["fw1l","tra2", {"name":"axle_FL"}],
              {"optional":false},
              {"breakGroup":""},
              {"breakGroupType":0},
        ],
    },
    "hatch_driveshaft": {
            "name":"Rear Driveshaft",
            "value":200,
        }
        "slotType" : "hatch_driveshaft",
            ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"]
            ["shaft", "driveshaft", "transfercase", 1, { "friction":2}]
        ],

}

here it is, you may want to edit the nodes and beams, names and slots :)
    and ofcourse the flexbodies since this is for my mod

15. Jajjaa

Jajjaa
    Expand Collapse

THANK YOU!! :D works fine now.

So much nicer with 4wd on that car.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I know it's already been answered with a solution, but I just did an AWD conversion on the Pessima by copying the drivetrain setup from the Sunburst. You'll need to add a driveshaft that takes input from a rear differential and transfers it to a transfer case. The transfer case is then responsible for transferring the power from whatever differential setup you have into the gearbox, where it is transferred to the engine. In addition, the front differential will have to output to the transfer case instead of the gearbox.

To re-cap: Engine -> Gearbox -> Transfer Case -> Driveshaft -> Rear Differential, change front differential to output to the transfer case instead of the gearbox. Look at the sunburst files (engine and rear suspension jbeam has everything you need to convert FWD to RWD/AWD)

17. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

The mod SSSS means is this one: http://beamng.com/threads/adding-4wd-to-the-covet.34439/#post-509582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice