I need help modding the cannon for drifting/drag racing

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by lukerules117, Nov 1, 2015.

1. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I was driving the cannon around and I realized that there weren't any mods that gave the cannon stupid amounts of power and because it has very little grip and rear wheel steering I think it would be pretty interesting to drive at high speeds. I was also considering increasing the wheel size and maybe modifying the body a bit but then I would only be able to see it properly with the Jbeam debug because I have no idea how to use blender, I tried it once but all I could figure out how to do was just change the dimensions of a cube even after watching hours of tutorials. I tried doing something similar with one of the cars in an older version but no matter what I did the gears were weird and I completely forgot how to even edit a car or anything.
    Edit: I also want to learn how to do stupid amounts of camber if possible.

#1 lukerules117, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

As a first mod modding the cannon would be far harder than other ideas.. alot more work would need to be done as the wheels on the cannon are likely hubwheels and not pressurewheels [not a big deal] and you'd have to move the wheels out to make them bigger ect ect.

Without suspension camber might require a more hacky approach.

3. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I increased the power and didn't break anything after my second try, still don't want to mess with the wheels too much, but it's a surprisingly good wheelie vehicle if you can manage to get it on two wheels,
    Yeah, I noticed that I would probably have to do a lot of work to it to make it derivable, so it probably wasn't the best idea to start with the cannon, not being able to add camber isn't too big of a deal I mostly wanted it to make it as ridiculous as possible, but it's already pretty insane considering it's a drifting wheelie cannon. I don't know how to check the air speed though, I''m getting back into the game after a long time of playing and IMO the new UI is confusing.

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Well if I can fix them for the new update I can make an Airspeed indicator app version out of some of the normal ones, it's really not hard just the new ui file management system is messing with me.

For now use the engine debug app, that should provide airspeed.

5. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I think the engine debug was removed in the latest update, I couldn't fine the button in the controls, but I did find this thread so I think engine debug was removed, so is there anyway to set the speedometer to the front wheels so I at least have their speed? At the moment the speedometer doesn't work with the cannon.

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Small UI Tutorial

1. Load up the game
    2. Load a map
    3. Hit escape so the left UI panal shows up

4. Hit this symbol

5. Under Gameplay enable Adv features

6. Now hit the Ui Editor UI element.

7. Click the plus sign in the middle of the screen

8. Find this app in the UI App Menu

9. Drag it to your preferred location on screen.

10. Hit the CheckMark in the middle of your screen.

7. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I couldn't find the add button for the UI editor before, I didn't expect it to be in the middle of the screen.

8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

No Problem

9. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Well I think I discovered something interesting about the wheels, at high speeds the stretch out way more than I would expect even more than normal tires would and as they get stretched out the surcease area decreases and they get more wobbly, so it's extra hard to control at high speeds, here is an image of how bad it can get on the newest version of the drag cannon. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546084796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice