Mod request , wheeliebar for the pickup truck

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Frank ツ, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

im working on a dragpickup and i really want a wheeliebar for it because with 2500hp the thing is riding more on 2 wheels then 4:p , but since my skill with modding and modeling are less then 0% im asking if anyone want to do it for me.

I think for a more experienced modder this should be quit easy , you can just take the wheeliebar from the other 2 dragcars.

Or do i dont what im talking about?

Anyway thanks.

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

go look in the Bruckell Moonhawk or the Gavril Barstow there is a wheelie bar in there you could use

3. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

Yea thanks i know that , but when im done adding that thing to the d-series, we are playing beamng.drive 25, you know what i mean.

4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am unsure what you mean by "beam.ng 25" also that wheelie bar can take up to around 11,000bhp...

5. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

It indicates how long i will be busy with it Beamngdrive 25 will be out by then. I really dont know how to do it.

Its probably copy and paste for a expiercend modder but for me it would it would take ages.

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

aw right, I see I am sure if some of the other modders on the forum could help you out, my experience with modding is limited all I can do is look at code and adjust it accordingly

7. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

You mean like this?
    wheelie_bar_truck.png

8. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

oops quoted the wrong guy.

Inertia thats 99% of what i had in mind

but mayby a little bit more down so it doesnt wheelie to much
    I mean the angle

#9 Frank ツ, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  10. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah well I literally just lined it up and moved 4 vertices with 2 mins of work, so if I actually could be bothered I would make it better :p

11. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

would you mind uploading , so i can see what you did and mayby trying to edit it

And what programs did you used?

#11 Frank ツ, Jan 19, 2017
  12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

probably blender (free), notpad++(free) and BNE editor(beamng steam folders, utils/editor)

13. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't even be bothered doing anything besides importing it and moving in blender, and I quit without saving lol :p

I can make a decent version tomorrow though and send it to you if you want, I don't have the time or interest in jbeaming it though, I'm trying to focus on getting another mod done.

14. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

Yes that would be great thank you .

15. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

he should do it himself :p
    I am also focussing on other things

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

yes i want to but i dont know where to start , What program should i start up first ? and what files do i need to load

17. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I would start making a folder structure for your mod, copy the frame jbeam part of the d-serie in it, just like the wheeliebar jbeam file and the .dae's of both cars.
    Then open blender, position the wheeliebar and remember the name.
    then make a slot in the frame jbeam for that wheeliebar, add the wheeliebar jbeam and meshname in blender.
    and after that open the bne editor to make sure the wheelie bar nodes are on the right spot and connected to the frame :)
    ezpz

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the quick tutorial but for a noob like me i think quite some steps are missing making a slot for the wheeliebar in the frame jbeam i can do that ( i watch from the barstow file) .

but like how to position the wheeliebar in blender and how to i add the wheeliebar jbeam and meshname in blender , what the heck is a meshname and how do i make one?

and after i opened blender what do i do next , what file i open? i opened the barstow.dae and saw the wheeliebar.

19. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

well, you also open the pickup dae and remove all barstow parts except the wheeliebar, then select the wheeliebar and put it in the correct place. after that you can delete everything exept the wheeliebar and export it as the pickup dae which you put in you folder.
    after that it is only a matter of linking stuff

20. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

oke so open barstow.dea delete everything but wheelie , then open pickup.dea line up the wheelie bar , and then? save everything a pickup.dea ?
    after that go to the beam editor and make sure the nodes are connected? and what after that? ( i already know how to add a part to the partslist)

quick questiopn , how do i select everything BUT the wheeliebar , or make delete everything but the wheeliebar? , otherwise its gonna take some time.

thanks

EDIT: oke i removed all parts from the barstow by hand , im gonna open the pick up now and see if i can line it up

#20 Frank ツ, Jan 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice