Optimization Questions

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by jdbensch, Jan 1, 2017.

1. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

I've played this game for around 2 years now. I have an AMD FX-6300 and an Nvidia GTX 970 with 8gb of RAM. This game used to run wonderfully without problems but as more features have been added, certain maps have been running slower. Large maps like So-Cal and Nevada Interstate run much slower, and with the most recent update I've been getting random stuttering on my own maps which has never happened before. However, all of DoullPepper's and Ouerbacker's maps run beautifully (60+ FPS). I have my settings mostly maxed out, and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to make it run better. I am not in a position to upgrade my PC; I am looking for things I can do with my current machine. I just don't understand why this game runs rather poorly when this PC has been able to handle almost every game I've thrown at it since I've had it.

If the AMD FX-6300 or the 8gb of RAM is the problem, then it might be a good idea to change the recommended specs of the game.

2. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

random stutters? go into Nvidia Control panel and switch off Multicore enhancement. for the global section, then reboot. See if your microstutters have gone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice