WIP PowerPigeon

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Fedora Gaming, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Greetings all! I'm new to Beam.NG modding, so I thought I'd start small.

Like, really small.

As in only has three wheels small.

Inspired by Spaceballs the Username's "High power car pack," I thought it would be fun and suitably insane to create a similar mod for what is currently my favorite stock car in Beam.NG, the Ibishu Pigeon.

So allow me to present the PowerPigeon Project.

Bet you never thought you'd see a Pigeon doing this.

Currently the only modifications are a V10 engine and an 8-Speed DCT based on the Sunburst's in the "High power car pack." It's becoming obvious that I'm probably going to need to add some performance tires and tune the engine and tranny a bit.

Hopefully in the future this will have a nice selection of high-performance engines, transmissions, wheels, and possibly some suspension and bodywork, as well as some scenarios based on the PowerPigeon.

At the moment I'd like to know how to package the file for others to download... Right now the modded parts are copies in the Pigeon's directory. I'd also like to know if someone with more experience (Especially with CAD. I'm really lousy at that.) would like to mentor me for a bit.

If anyone has any advice, resources, or encouragement, those are welcome too. :)

Also, a short video to show off the PowerPigeon. Although it can't go in a straight line to save its life, it's so much fun to drive. Also, watch the airspeed on the top right.

Thanks to the devs for creating such an awesome game, to the community for all the awesome mods, and to WhyBeAre for making awesome videos!

(Update 12/8/2015) Added the file. DOES NOT WORK. If anyone knows why, please let me know. You can get it to work if you extract the file and copy it into the Pigeon's folder in the game's assets, but do this at your own risk. Note that this isn't a vehicle preset, merely part options.

Attached Files:

#1 Fedora Gaming, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

This is an interesting project, can't wait for its release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, a reply already. xD Thanks!

4. Oshawott

Oshawott
    Expand Collapse

If you added wider tires and a front diff if it's possible with the pigeon. It would be more controllable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The_Tekkit_101 2

The_Tekkit_101 2
    Expand Collapse

Anything is possible with the pigeon.
    Except drifting, then you're up-side-down.

#5 The_Tekkit_101 2, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking the same. A front diff would be pointless since there's only one wheel, but three-wheel-drive might be doable. Does anyone know if it's possible to copy tires from one car to another? Put the SBR4 wheels on the Pigeon for example?

7. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Wait until the video renders, now we can do donuts in the Pigeon too!

8. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Video finished uploading. Enjoy!

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Actually I went ahead and looked a little. Looks like you need to take a closer look at the references in the jbeam (FWIW I think that I made at least one error in my demo jbeam - my engine may not have a mesh?). You've got stuff going on in there such as the group being called "pigeon_engine" when it should be called "pigeon_engine_v10". You also have the exhaust in there, but it's identical to the one in the standard pigeon_engine.jbeam - that shouldn't be present but also isn't keeping your jbeam from working. It might hurt compatibility in the future and is a bad practice though, I'd remove it.

10. Fedora Gaming

Fedora Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I'll take a closer look later. Keep in mind this doesn't have a new engine model, it uses the normal engine model but changes the performance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice