1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Well I would think if he was showing that he would be using some sort of menu to show it out.

2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

But, you see....
    -realizes he has no comeback for that-
    -thinks intensely-
    it can easily be interpreted as choosing layers of colours and custom text to create a skin... (I wish that was the case, but sadly, it is not)

• Like Like x 2
  3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Starting work on the list for 0.6.1. Don't have much yet.

Version 0.6.1: Sept 2-9
    Dynamometer: After having issues and not making it into version 0.6, it is highly likely that it will be ready in another month's time.

Legran: Gabester said the legran would be going in game soon after the 2400i. That was said over a month ago, and until we have conformation on which vehicle will be next, I will be putting the Legran as a possibility, but not certainty.

Sounds: Teased over two months ago and not seen since, we are certain new sounds are being worked on. We may get new sounds as a total surprise, like the replay system was, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

This is what I'm waiting for, hopefully it will make it into the next version.

5. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

new tires 01h (unused)

1.png

6. Ahnaf458

Ahnaf458
    Expand Collapse

Gabester said the LeGran will come "very soon" after the i series, now that the i series is here, im hoping that "very soon" means "next update after 0.6"

7. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

looked around the tire and wheel meshes and found some nice stuff
    really wide wheels thin sidewalls etc
    some of them may be in game but these are a selection of things i believe are yet to be in game
    tires are W*H and the last number is OD
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

About this I wouldn't be so confident, they have to implement "colide-able" sides of the wheels, they didn't implemented this (feature?) even now so that mean it's not so easy, it's a big deal, and could improve experience with BeamNG because lack of it creates a lot of sticky bug and random tires puncture while going offroad etc. because things can go through sides of wheels freely but can't get out from side of the tire tread, so it go to wheel and stay there so car will be stuck or tire will pop. Also it will be really difficult to do proper measurements with dyno. Only God and DEVs know if it will be ready or not, but IMO it's not that certain.

#1528 Drivver, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Might be for the Sports tires ? Looks cool tho

• Like Like x 1
  10. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I think you're right. I was recalling a post made by Tdev, and I though he said it had some minor bugs left that they were not able to solve, but instead it says "It has some bugs that we were not able to solve yet :(". That combined with the collision stuff you brought up persuaded me to move it to the maybe category.

11. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Tires will Poop?

• Like Like x 6
  12. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

eh... one O too much, simple typo that's all, everybody know what I meant so really no need to create new post for it.

- anyway corrected

13. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

#1533 needforsuv, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  14. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

Didnt backread all the way so i dont know if its been asked for, Could you please add Snorkels as an option for the trucks, None of the mods for them are supported anymore, And the engine often drowns out while going through Water on trails or a mildly deep river :) thanks

15. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

We are not the devs that make the game, we just look through the fourums and look for new features that might be in the next update.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

Ohh, Darn haha

17. nogoodnames

nogoodnames
    Expand Collapse

I think west coast USA will be in the update

• Like Like x 1
  18. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

No it won't.

• Like Like x 3
  19. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Probably 6 months later

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so the last big "simulation updates" (I mean things that are being added to the core simulation system of the cars) were the engine temp system and the brake temp system.

What do you think will come next:

Tire temp system (temperature of the wheels, wearing, could make heavy use of the current camber setups and affect the pressure. Also they seem to be working on a lot of temp things so maybe they'll do this next to keep with the flow, BUT tire systems are extremely complex to simulate, and devs are taking the simulation approach for everything instead of the emulation approach)
    Electric system (battery to power the electrical bits of the car and starter motors. Seems to be the smallest and arguably easiest of the possibilities, but then again I have no idea of what I'm talking about. Wold clear the way for engine stalling)
    Transmission system (transmission damage, proper clutch functioning and clutch wear, gear grinding and maybe stalling. This would be my personal favourite, but seeing how they haven't implemented it yet, I'm wondering if there's something holding them back, maybe they are targeting to simulate the entire transmission mechanisms, with all the forces, clutch shenanigans and whatnot. Maybe they want to have the electric system first. Maybe they also want to make a big update including upgraded auto with torque converter, DCTs, etc)

Or something completely different

What do you think? Mind you I'm talking of things that add to the bits that are still not simulated on the cars (like maybe an updated fire system, fuel leaks etc), not upgrades to the game itself (like maps, new cars, campaign, UI, graphics, etc)

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice