WIP Beta released Volvo I-shift and ABS for the T-series 1.1

a modern, fuel efficient transmission and ABS for the T-series

1. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

Dudeman submitted a new resource:

Volvo I-shift and ABS for the T-series - a modern, fuel efficient transmission and ABS for the T-series

Read more about this resource...

2. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

3. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I:
    -updated this to work with the latest 8.0.1
    -fixed the rear ABS brakes not showing
    -added an accurate torque curve for a new Volvo FH16 750HP engine (select the D16K750 engine - mesh is still Gavril)
    -splitted the I-Shift in 2 different models, Single and Dual Clutch (Volvo did this IRL too)

I'm releasing this hoping Dudeman will review and update the official mod. All credits go to Dudeman and BeamNG.

A WORD OF WARNING: This version doesn't include an updated preset. Please select one of the available presets and add the desired parts manually.

FURTHER NOTICES: Due to limitations in the current code, the Volvo drivetrain behaves quite like the real one but is mechanically very different.
    In order to finely control the torque curve, the engine doesn't come with a turbo (it was commented out in the .jbeam, you may re enable it by removing the //). BeamNG doesn't seem to support engine brakes/jake brakes/retarders ATM.
    The real single clutch I-shift is a mechanically actuated single dry clutch manual transmission. Since there's no reference to automated manuals in the documentation (save for DCTs), I used a fully automatic setup with all options enabled. You can P, R, N, D, use the S for hill descents, use 2 and 1 to stay with the crawler gears, and go Manual gear select.
    The DCT is as close to the real thing as we can get, but the real life DCT is not available with the D16K750 engine because it is limited to 2800 Nm (the D16K750 goes up to 3550 Nm). Since the beauty of virtuality is that you can preview reality, let's say the included DCT comes from the FH16 MY 2023.

Happy rolling.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

This version includes a revised transmission using the real life ratios and characteristics. Single clutch now comes with 2 crawler gears, 12 normal speeds and 6 reverses (ULC variant); DCT has 12 gears and 4 reverses. The automatic options are now reduced to PRNDSM from the previous PRNDS21M mode.
    Added is a single clutch with a single crawler gear and 6 reverses (C variant), plus the Volvo FH16 550 HP D16K550 engine.

The same WORD OF WARNING as the previous version apply.

NEW WARNING: If you're playing by keyboard, the DCT version is perfectly fine, but the single clutch ones will break the semi axles and other components because of the crawler ratios. IRL you don't stomp on the gas of a 32.04 / -37.49 gear with a 3500 Nm engine. Please use the Cruise Control app to get moving up to 15 Kph / 10 Mph and then go pedal to the metal, or use the manual mode and get moving in 3rd gear (2nd gear with the C variant). There's currently no way to get going in reverse easily using a keyboard and these transmissions, save for switching to a less powerful engine (the basic Gavril ones).

Attached Files:

5. wangyiming721

wangyiming721
    Expand Collapse

6. zysom

zysom
    Expand Collapse

what dose it do?:confused::confused:

7. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

It (used to) add abs to the t-series. Now that the T-Series has ABS it's kind of redundant. Also it adds a new engine, which is broken now because this mod is old. Please stop bumping old threads dude. Seriously, stop bumping them. Check the last post date for christs sake.

8. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Just a question, how old are you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice