Welcome to the AT-TE Remastered. A unique, Star Wars themed heavy vehicle, not killing your framerate! Some of you might remember this one from RoR. It was my first vehicle back then, but was quite popular, especially compared to it's relative simplicity. It seemed to be fitting to chose it as a first project for BeamNG.drive as well. Concept is the same: Create a simple, lightweight (on your FPS), but interesting vehicle.
What is doesn't have, and known bugs:
- selectable flexible, or fixed connection between front and rear hulls
- selectable steering for both front and rear wheels
- 2 sets of wheels
- custom engine sound
- lightweight on your performance
- super heavy & unique
- no detachable parts, and high-accuracy deformation like the stock cars (partly justified by this being an armored military vehicle)
- for some reason it veers slightly to the right, mostly noticeable with the articulated connection, and high acceleration. Don't know what causes it, vehicle physics structure is perfectly symmetrical. But for practical use it's negligible, and i am not going to be examining every single node and beam to find out what's causing it.
Q: The AT-TE is not a wheeled vehicle, but a six legged walker
A: This is not an exact remake of the original Star Wars vehicle, but rather a fantasy creation inspired by it, and made suitable for a driving game.
Q: Why is it not a lot bigger, like the one in the movie?
A: Same as above, plus it already is quite large. Making it larger would heavily impair it's ability to use BeamNG's maps.
Special thanks to Dummiesman for his continued support to help me work out all the little annoyances that otherwise would take me ages to figure out on my own.
Do not re-upload, re-distribute, re-use parts or whole of the mod without my written permission.
Hope you enjoy it, and put it to good use! \o/