This is my version of a wagon body for the Burnside Special.
This mod adds
- Wagon Body
- with dedicated parts
- Rear Doors
- Rear Seat
- Rear Left/Right Glass
- Roof Bars Wagon
- Taxi Sign Wagon
- Rear EU License Plate Wagon
- Nitrous Oxide Injection Wagon
- 3 configurations
- Wagon (A)
- Wagon Taxi (M)
- Wagon Police (A)
- 5 additional skins
- Two-Tone Wagon, shown in the pictures above
- Two-Tone Body Wagon
- Two-Tone Sedan
- Police Livery Wagon
- 'Lowside' Trunk Pinstripe Wagon (Colorable)
Skin StuffSkin NotesSkipping the basics here.
For actual skin tutorials check out the forum or the official wiki:
[Introduction_to_skin_system] [Simple_skin_tutorial] [Glass skin tutorial]
How this work
- To my understanding, all the materials of a vehicle can be assigned to a same globalSkin value of a paint job design. Shown in the Glass skin tutorial.
- For now we are working with the wagon body, we will be focusing on these two materials:
- In this example, the globalSkin value is "newskin" at line 9 of the jbeam shown in the picture above.
- We can copy from an existed skin material or simply add a new one as "burnside.skin.newskin"
- Now copy that and paste it below, then change it to "burnside_wagroof.skin.newskin"
- Finally, link your textures, body to "burnside" and roof to "burnside_wagroof"
- With the implantation of PBR(v0.23), the contents of material.json are changed slightly but mostly follow the previous version.
Feel free tweaking the mod around to your usage or liking
- Sedan skins having anything on the upper half of the car could show up weird, mainly because of how the materials are set up, but also the rear deck UV overlaps with the top right of the wagon's rear left door.
- UV at the top of the wagon body's rear fins are pretty cramped.
- The rear side UV is also different from the sedan body.
Burnside Wagon Body 1.0246
A wagon body for the Burnside Special.