This is my version of a wagon body for the Burnside Special.
This mod adds
- Wagon Body with dedicated parts(Rear Doors, Rear Seat, Glass, Tailgates)
- Roof Bars Wagon
- Taxi Sign Wagon
- Nitrous Oxide Injection Wagon
- 3 configurations, Wagon (A), Taxi (M), Police (A)
- 4 additional skins
- Wagon 2-Tone, shown in the pictures above
- Wagon 2-Tone Body
- Sedan 2-Tone
- Wagon police livery
Skin StuffSkipping the basics here.
For actual skin tutorials check out the forum or the official wiki:
[Introduction_to_skin_system] [Simple_skin_tutorial] [Glass skin tutorial]
How this work
- To my understanding, all the materials of a vehicle can be assigned to a same globalSkin value of a paint job design. Shown in the Glass skin tutorial.
- For this mod, the wagon body has 2 materials:
Further Skin Notes
- In this example, the globalSkin value is "newskin" at line 9 of the jbeam shown in the picture above. So we add a material "burnside.skin.newskin"
- Now copy that and paste it below, then change it to "burnside_wagroof.skin.newskin"
- Finally, link your textures, body to "burnside" and roof to "burnside_wagroof"
- For all reasons above, some sedan skins might need tweaking to work the most properly if having graphics above the chrome trim below the windows.
- Parts of the body's UVs are more offset to the sedan body, especially the roof/trunk/rear side windows sections.
- UVs at the top of the rear fins of the wagon body is pretty cramped.
- The rear/trunk side UVs is also different than the sedan body.
Feel free tweaking the mod to your usage and liking
Burnside Wagon Body 1.023
A wagon body for the Burnside Special.