Oldstyle parts, XL frame with cargobox/rollback/wedgeback beds, flatbeds, (prerunner) suspension parts, police parts, station wagon
v 0.7.0 19th Januari 2020
v 0.7.1 22nd Januari 2020
v 0.7.2 10th Februari 2020
v 0.7.3 24th Februari 2020
I have little time lately to update/fix/add stuff. Things like properly testing, jbeam finetuning and cleaning, and mesh/texture finishing might be incomplete.
Please understand, if you find bugs please be specific and let me know. For now I just hope the most severe bugs are fixed
Made by AR162b for BeamNG.Drive
If being used in a web video (youtube etc), please add a link to this mod in the description. I'd like to find my mods in those videos and it helps other people to find this location instead of a third party mod website.
The D-series mod got finally updated! It started life in May 2014 (!) as simple classic flareside mod, it got expanded 'a bit' and got outdated multiple times.
Current state was almost ready for release in januari 2018, but due to a lack of time I couldn't finish the last bit.
It got outdated soon after, got it again almost ready in december 2019, but got outdated after the december 2019 update. Lots of flexbody and jbeam work was done to make it work on current version
Notice that a lots of my modded parts got replaced by a original one, compare current version to this one
I am especially happy with the 'oldstyle' parts, which give it in my opinion a new, classic look to the vehicle. I'm quite fan of the 1970's round headlight era American pickup trucks.
Big thanks go out to @SergentFido for fixing, improving, overhauling and creating many of these 'oldstyle' flexbodies, maps and skins.
Many parts were once created for the D-series, the parts got updated by SergentFido for my (unfortunatly now) outdated H-series mod. This time I've modified these parts again to fit on the D-series.
This mod is an add-on, not a separate vehicle. It doesn't overwrite any original file. It shows up under the original D-series in the vehicle selector.
regular length beds
- classic flaresidebed
- custom, separate flares, railgate, rear bumper, taillights, bedside options, loads
- Custom rear bumper with taillights, bed loads
- Custom rear bumper with taillights, bed loads
- 'XL' frame based on the vans large frame (modded, stretched e.g.). The vans fueltank and license plates were merely copied.
- Rollback flatbed
- Custom rear bumper with taillights
- wedgeback flatbed
- Custom loading plates
- Cargobox (based on the van cargobox but modded)
- Ambulance box (direct copy of the official H-series ambulance box)
- grill and headlights
- front valance with signals
- front signals with fender fill
- custom front bumper
- custom rear bumper
- Custom hood
- Custom hood with hood scoop
- Custom hood with large cowl
- side mirrors, custom made
- side mirrors based on the T-series side mirrors
- steering wheel by SergentFido
- Barstow's steering wheel
- door panels
- signals stalk
- seats (based on the vans but modded)
- a custom dash is also made, but not possible to select because it is not possible to deselect the orignal dash
- Barstow's 423, 353, 291 engine with intakes, superchargers etc
- Barstow's auto gearboxes (3-speed and drag 4-speed)
- Custom sidepipe exhausts
- custom, larger rollbar lights and bumper lights
- custom trim which 'fills' the dent
- custom trim which 'fills' the dent with chrome strips
- two two-tone skins which fit the custom trims
- HD grill
- HD hood
- air dam with identification lights
emergeny services stuff (parts are often called 'PD')
- wig wag headlights with blue grill lights
- oldstyle wig wag headlights
- flashing front signals
- flashing taillights
- flashing oldstyle taillights
- oldstyle lightbar (including amber, blue and red glass option)
- oldstyle lightbar, second version (including amber, blue and red glass option)
- custom classic Sheriff skin
- custom ambulance skin
custom suspension and prerunner parts (prerunner parts are often called something with 'baja')
The prerunner parts where inspired by the classic Ford prerunners trucks, thats why the Twin-I beams are a thing
Note that the prerunner suspension parts were designed to handle a lot of beating, it is not meant to be indestructible.
Note 2: Due to a lack of time the suspension could use some finetuning.
- regular twin I beam front suspension (uses beam suspension coilovers)
- adjustable 'sport' beam front coilovers
- race spec twin I beam front suspension (wider and taller compared to the regular one) (uses beam suspension coilovers)
- custom 4-link rear race suspension
- wide front fenders
- race bed
- custom suspension links
- bed sides, regular width
- bed sides, widened
- custom brake lights
- custom fuel cell
- custom spare wheels
- custom tubular rear bumper
- custom rollcage attached to the rollbar
- front kickers
Station wagon (WIP!)
- custom frame (slightly modified regular bed crew frame)
- custom station body (mixture of the short body and crew body)
- custom tailgate doors
- custom roofrack
- 19 presets
The thumbnails are made in 'Photoroom Light' (link) made by CrazyFlySquid
Ideas and known issues
Please look at the first post of the discussion thread!
Like my mods? Please support me by donating via Paypal
I DO NOT GRANT PERMISSION TO REDISTRIBUTE (parts of) THIS MOD OUTSIDE THE BEAMNG WEBSITE!
So don't upload it anywhere without permission!
Beta Gavril D-Series addon 0.7.3
Oldstyle parts, XL frame with cargobox/rollback/wedgeback beds, flatbeds, (prerunner) suspension par