Some people have reported Loading issues with the map. I don't have an answer yet, but I do know the map loads fine for me and others. Some Ryzen users have reported 20+ minute loading times, and others don't have a problem. I assume there is a problem on their end that needs fixing. The map isn't putting any errors in the log, so there is nothing to try and fix as far as I can see. Please try the usual troubleshooting tips such as clearing cache, disabling mods, checking integrity of game files. It is also possible that the download got corrupted, as some people have PM'ed me saying the download keeps failing or is very slow. (That is beyond my control)
I will continue to look for a solution, but I have nothing else to try right now. Please note that the map is large and has lots of stuff to load. Loading times for me are less than 90 seconds, so make of that what you will.
If you have any helpful troubleshooting suggestions feel free to comment on the Generic City thread here:
This is my updated version of Generic City.You may have played on this map in the past, or you may even have an old copy. If you do have an old version I would recommend removing it and any cached files relating to it before installing this.
Generic City is a large city consisting of a bunch of modular sections arranged in various ways. It has plenty of ways to kill vehicles.
There are long straights with jumps, a highway running around the city and dirt trails leading to various farms. There is a basic landing strip/airport and various areas with industrial buildings, sky scrapers and housing estates.
There are 5 scenarios to try too.
It's not the best looking map ever made, but it dose loosely resemble a city.
I hope you get some enjoyment out of this(If you manage to load it)
- I added roads for the AI traffic.
- I fixed the scenarios. (I can't remember if I managed to upload the old version with scenarios)
- I converted all materials into .dds to reduce the file size a lot.
- I removed a heap of bloat.
- I added a bunch of spawn locations to choose from.
- I corrected a lot of errors
- I properly set anything with a collision mesh to actually use it. (The things left on visible mesh are intentional)
- Other small tweaks I can't think of at the moment.
Beta Generic City 1.11
A large city with over 250km of roads