In the past I've always wanted a larger amount of German emergency vehicles. That was nearly 3 years ago...and now, I've started modding, and got in touch with people,
that explained to me, how to create a skin. So I started working on some, it was a bumpy start, but now I'm able to release the first version.
Baden-Württemberg State Police ETK 800
Baden-Württemberg State Police Van
Police Truck MAN
Fire Service Management Van
Fire Department Bus
Dual Euro Light bar on Van
- remaking the skins of course, smoothening a few edges etc.
- changing the light bar text on the Notarzt and Feuerwehr skin, currently says the default "HALT POLIZEI"
- ambulance skin for the van
- "Intensivtransportwagen", intensive care ambulance, for the MAN, even tho I'm not sure since a few doors are missing.
- might as well make a mod for it to add the doors, just painting them looks...weird xd
- increase variation of bus skins, including beacon lights for them, since most German emergency busses have only beacon lights
- new light bars, especially flashing lights on different positions of the vehicles, to make it as realistic as possible
You get it, v1 will include fixes and new skins, v2 the stuff that requires body changes for the cars, which will take more time to make.
Known bugs/issues/stuff that looks weird:
- the light bars off the (van) ambulance and fire fighters skin, as well as the fire fighter bus skin show "HALT POLIZEI" instead of "NOTARZT" and "FEUERWEHR"
- the skins are at some points very pixely, which is caused by me painting pixel for pixel, will be updated in v1
- I could've used real life ambulance versions, but mostly the logos are copyrighted, and I'd like to respect that, so requests will be sent soon
- some colors might look a little weird or bright, but trust me, I really used the real life RAL colors that are being used, but I'll double check all of 'em again, because some really look weird
IF you found something else, please let me know on the forum section:
I'd like to thank a few people as well, that kinda pulled me through this and helped me a lot:
EU front light bar:
AX53 (overall setup guide)
JsZ, Ai'Terror, BLIJo, TrackpadUser, Taza (config issue fixing)
Whoms't (rear light bar issue fixing)
Brien_W (how to make a config in your mod)
Taza (gimp color issue fixing)
blanderrr (how to make a config in your mod, feedback and custom logo ideas)
As you can see, I was and still am kinda new to modding, but those guys really helped me out a lot, and I hope I didn't forget anyone! With the time I was able to fix a lot stuff myself, but...yeah that wouldn't be possible without them
I hope you enjoy my first ever skin mod!