To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first successful manned moon landing, I've created as accurate a vision of the Apollo 11's Eagle Lander as I could given a variety of online references and around three months of work.
Also included is a level with a LOLA LRO-based fully-3d moon, complete with moon landing scenario.
- As I was largely limited to online resources, there will be some historical inaccuracies. I've especially noticed some accidental omissions on the descent stage.
- The craft has no decorated interior, and unfortunately no sounds. Sorry, ran out of time!
- To allow the vessel to reach plausibly orbital speeds, the craft's collision triangles have no drag.
- The engine thrust *should* be accurate for both engines, so a takeoff on Earth gravity is impossible.
- Due to the way gravity is handled in scenarios, you may need to reset the 'Moon Landing' scenario a time or two before starting.
Well, there are a lot of them.
Arrow keys - Pitch and Roll, via RCS thruster blocks and vectoring the engine nozzle (when applicable).
F and H - Yaw, using just RCS.
Space - Stage separation.
T and G - Throttle controls. On the descent [first] stage, these increase and decrease the throttle, respectively. On the ascent [second] stage, T activates the throttle as long as it's held down.
Z and X - Additional throttle controls. On the descent stage, they cut and max out the throttle, respectively. On the ascent stage, X holds the throttle on until the throttle is cut (Z), or T is pressed and then released.
P - Extend/retract the landing legs.
Big thanks to reddit moderator chain83 for sharing his downsampled version of the LRO DEM with the community.