Hi! Another little tiny mod here. A bit more ellaborate this time. A friend suggested that there are a lot of LWB mods now, but not for the Grand Marshal, a car that really deserves it. This is also an exercise to better understanding modding for a bigger project, mainly regarding texturing.
The mod features:
- Pre-made LWB configs (albeit not all of them,)
- LWB Rollcage
- LWB exhausts
- LWB driveshaft
- Compatibility with pretty much any of the standard GM parts
- Working skins (although the rust/old ones are a bit shoddy)
- Longer Ad-carrier
- Windowless C-pillar (might add the stock one back in an update) (Added!)
- The LWB, which is 6in longer than the SWB, now weighs 200lbs more, as it should. The weight is realistically distributed between the frame, the body (doors and glass) and the rear running gear.
- The LWB configs now include Heavy Duty shocks and springs to make up for the extra weight.
- Fixed some interior geometry on the C pillars
- Config information now has actual weight information
- Revised rear doors shading
- Now you can choose between both windowed and window-less C-pillar. The configs include both versions:
- Cheap LWB variants have the windowed version: fleet, BCPD, etc.
- More expensive versions, including Taxi and Police use the thick C-pillar
- Gavril V12 engine, with custom ECU and Sound. Torque curve and main sound sample is from Automation, but it has been tweaked. There is a config with this engine included.
The final addition to this mod: the Quad Turbo version of the V12
- Fully custom engine model (save for the block)
- Reorganized engine bay
- Dual intake for the NA version
- Quad Turbo config
- Special Drift V12 Turbo Config
- Fixed missing center brake light
- Replaced radiator with HD Drag radiator in V12 config
Story of the V12
Gavril started a performance related project, for which they took 2 modular V8s, removed 2 cylinders from each, and thus created a 90º V12. Although the base engine was the 4.5, which would give 6.75L as a V12, since the application was meant to be sporty, the stroke was reduced for increased revs and responsiveness, thus resulting in "just" 6L, and a conservative redline of over 7000 rpm. It produced about 300hp and 440 lbft (~600Nm) in a very smooth way in its NA form. This was not enough for the application, so Gavril decided to stick 4 Barrett Turbos to it, to build the perfect plumber's nightmare.
Unfortunately due to the financial situation the project was cancelled at the very last moment, just after production for the V12 block had started. Only about a hundred units had been made at that time, but in order not to waste them, Gavril decided to fit them to the Grand Marshall, which was easy because it was the car that they were using to test the engine in the first place. Thus, the super exclusive but not so expensive V12 LWB Grand Marshal hit the roads. The turbo version never got to be fully tuned and was never sold. The only remain is a Grand Marshall in which Gavril was testing the engine.
This was meant just as practice but I think it turned out ok, therefore I'm uploading it, hope you enjoy
LWB Grand Marshal + Gavril V12 (NA + QuadTurbo) 1.1