One of my favourite maps from Rigs of Rods was MtROR, and I actually still sometimes go back to RoR to play it. However, I thought, what if this map was in BeamNG?
I instantly got to work trying to work with the godawful ".mesh" files that RoR uses with its models, so fed up to the point where the insignificant buildings in this map have been replaced with East Coast USA assets.
However, I got the important buildings in. Y'know the ones, the ones that tickle you right in the nostalgia, like the Rig-a-Deal and Rod's truck service, along with the airport hangar and the marina.
Anyways, there isn't much to this map. If you played MtROR way back when, you'll already know your way around. So why is this better than the RoR version, you might ask? Well;
- Now you can play it in BeamNG, allowing BeamNG's newer graphics engine to give this map a low-key reshade.
- A lot of the blocky roads have been fixed in this version, and some roads that just ended for no reason shortly before an intersection have been joined. The 5 way intersection left of the spawn is now much more tidy
- There's a hidden easter egg featuring a certain dinosaur.
I will be planning to make a revamp of this map, hence why the title of this is "MtROR, Traditional". This map stays true to Rigs of Rods' textures and models, as well as their lack of vegetation and decals.
- The edges of the mesh roads can catch your tires if you're sliding.
- The edges of the concrete platforms under some of the buildings can also catch your tires if you're sliding.
- Some of the corners are beyond punishing if you don't drive extremely carefully.
- Torque is a must. These roads are steep.
pricorde, rorthomas (Rigs of Rods Forums) - For making a game that held a special place on my hard drive since 2006.
Box5Diesel (Rigs of Rods Forums) - For making the map in the first place.
HR28QT (BeamNG Forums) - For converting and fixing it to work properly in BeamNG.
If you would like to make a mod of this map, please ask my permission first, because chances are, unless it's a scenario mod, I will say no. This map doesn't need to be spoiled until I get around to making a much better revamp of it.