Ever wanted to feel the german V8s in beamng ? Here it is ! The objective of this mod is to feel and look as realistic as possible, with accurate torque curve, specs and models.
I took various inspirations for the specs of the engines. The Petrol V8 is based on the 4.2 FSI for the n/a variant, on the RS4 engine for the high rpm variant and on the 4.0 AMG V8 for the turbo variants.
The diesel engine is seperated between two blocks : the stock block is based on the Mercedes OM629 and the 4.0 TDI V8 engine and the tdSport block is an interpretation of how would have been a modern german Diesel V8, I took some liberties about it but I based myself on BMW's B57 engine for some technical specs.
- V8 model using the Gavril's V8 engine model with ETK headers and intake + unused official double exhaust model
- A 4.4L Petrol V8 engine featuring :
- - 1 Stock intake, and 3 turbochargers producing 342, 520, 650 and 790 horsepower, the stock engine's specs are based on the 4.2L FSI V8 engine who has been used in many Audi cars.
- One High Rpm long block that can rev up to 8250 rpm and produce 450hp, however it wasn't designed to receive a forced induction
- One Drag block designed to handle the power of the stage 3 turbocharger that produce 1180HP
- A 4.1L Diesel V8 Diesel engine (ONLY for the ETK 800) featuring :
- - 2 turbochargers producing 280 and 350 (450hp with the tdSport block).
- 2 engine blocks, the stock one is based on IRL "old" german Diesel V8 and the performance one is an interpretation of what would have been a post 2010 german Diesel V8, it is based on the B57 engine.
- 4 factory configs for each car (800 and K series so 8) with every config having a manual and automatic variant so 16 in total.
- One drag config for the ETK 800 and one Hillclimb config for the ETK K (which increases the amount of configs in the mod to 18)
- 3 Diesel factory configs only for the ETK 800 with both manual and automatic options. All these configs summed up raise the config numbers to 24
- Nice engine sound made with an heavily tweaked combination of Bolide's engine sound and Pickup's exhaust sound for the Petrol version, and Gavril Diesel V8 for the Diesel V8 engine.
- Full compatibility with the remastered ETK S-Series mod
Small video showing the 3 main different engines in the mod :
A nice driving video using my mod :
- Me, porting/changing the engine model, creating the engines and all their part's jbeam, creating all the configs and making all the adjustements to make it realistic
- BeamNG dev team, creating all the assets I needed for the mod (gavril V8 block, ETK I4 headers, ETK I6/I4 turbo intake, engine sounds, ...)
Known Issues :
- The exhaust's jbeam is pretty bad, I won't improve it as I don't have the knowledge in jbeam to make it properly.
- The pulleys on the ETK K's Petrol V8 are slightly offset. A few other parts doesn't match perfectly the wanted position but that's not very noticeable
Don't put bad reviews if the mod doesn't work at all, it's most probably a problem coming from your side. Feel free to send me a message to explain your issue.
Have fun !
Beta Petrol & Diesel V8 engines for the ETK 800/K series 4.0.1
Adds 2 new V8 engine based on the TDI & TSI V8 engines for the ETK 800/K series