Here's the century old Race To The Clouds, all 12.4 miles and 4300 feet of it. Every detail possible was added including; guard rails, all big bolders and logs along the side of the road, tree placement and scaling, road signs and markers, and even the drainage gutters.
- Time Trial Mode; the full hill climb course and a shorter GT2 style one, both are reversible.
- 2 separate versions of the map, one is paved and the other is the "classic" gravel.
- New: super smooth mesh roads, modeled specially using advanced techniques to get realistic banking and contours.
- Fully optimized graphics, for smooth frames and maxed out details.
Perview video courtesy of Levy3Poop
The terrain was generated using a combination of USGS 1M LIDAR for surfaces close to the road and 10m DEMs for the vast expanses out to the edge of the map. I used google street view to create very accurate details all along the track.
Here's an add-on that includes the buildings from the old version.
- The guard rail heights are uneven in places. This is purely cosmetic and their hit boxes will always work perfect.
Ian @ The Colorado GIS Coordination and Development Program: For acquiring LIDAR elevation data for the whole mountain.
Google Street View Car: Drove all the way to the summit and even back behind the train station.
BeamNG: For all vanilla assets I used, which is about 90%.
fufsgfen: For encouraging me to keep at it, and finally release the level.
This map is very large and may require 8GB of ram to load successfully. Here's the Pikes Peak forum tread for this track. Please use this resource or PM me about issues and bugs rather than the review page, so they don't get buried or overlooked.
- Making this version compatible with the old one, so they can load independently.
- Detailing the areas above Glen Cove
- Adding curbs and rock walls to the meshed road models
- Cleaning up the new roads and integrating them a little better.
- Building a railroad system down the back side of the mountain.
Pikes Peak - LIDAR Edition 0.92
The famous hillclimb race, now with smooth pavment.