Sorry to keep spamming updates, I guess rally suspension is really important to me and as soon as I get a significant improvement I want to share it because it makes such a huge difference.
So I finally discovered the weight distribution app and was able to calculate exactly what the suspension stiffness should be. This is less than 1/2 as stiff as it was. The only way to achieve this was to boost the ride height adjustment up to 0.5m at the rear and 0.25m at the front. I don't know if...
Made a mistake in the calculations of the rally damper strengths when translating them from the Sunburst. They were about 1/3 or 1/4 what they should have been. I've fixed it and now it's much less bouncy.
Also reduced the off-throttle intervention to 5% of full-throttle strength because it was still sliding out too much in off-throttle drifts.
Previous rally suspension setup was way too stiff. I did some extrapolation from the Sunburst setup and now it behaves like a proper offroad setup. The key was increasing the ride-height allowance at the rear to stop the softer suspension from sagging to the ground.
- cross-axle vectoring is now scaled with throttle, giving a much lower response at low throttle values, fixes numerous handling issues
- rally version now has specialised rally suspension with more travel and fast bump damping
- made a bunch of changes to the underlying way the torque vectoring is applied
- added a new UI app to show motor throttle values - does not currently distinguish between negative and positive, lots of work to be done on this still, but it's a good visual aid already
- added skid-steer mode, just pull the handbrake!