"Spaced Out" currently includes these spacers or adapters for all wheel slots:*
- 76.2mm (3in)
This mod is a bit unique in that it generates parts mostly on the fly. This is very different from most parts mods. One of the big upsides is that this mod should actually be compatible with other wheel/tire/vehicle mods! Most of the kinks are worked out now, but if you run into a problem or have suggestions, feedback is welcome in the discussion thread temporary discussion thread.
Additional Gameplay / Performance / Technical notes:
Gavril Barstow w/ stock offset -vs- Gavril Barstow with +25mm front and rear:
- For the 10 spacers the mod currently includes, the mod currently generates at least 10,000 'support' parts composed of over one million lines of unattractively formatted jbeam. These jbeams are all re-generated whenever a mod is enabled or disabled as well as when the game starts. On my computer it takes about 2.5 seconds to do this each time (thanks to BeamNG's super fast JSON parser). As of mod version 22 the amount of jbeam written is roughly 10% of that. Performance on my system is now roughly 0.5s, much faster. The mod writes this performance info into your log/console so you can see how it affects your own system.
- The way this mod works is by grabbing ALL wheels and tires and then generating "offset" versions of them. Each "spacer" contains a special slot for it's offset of wheel... and the wheels that fit into that special slot each contain their own special offset slots for tires and hubcaps.
- I previously addressed some of the problems with implementing spacers/adapters with my posts in this thread: MapleBacon - Wheel Adapter / Spacer
- *In rare cases a wheel may simply not work with spacers. Trust me, you'll know. Try using smaller spacers.
- Due to the nature of this mod, the default wheels which each spacer will select tend to be a little random. There isn't a good solution to this, but in the future they may be slightly less random.
- Manual Uninstallation: v13 or greater should not require special uninstallation steps. Previous versions may have left parts behind in the directory "Documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles\common\torsion\spaced-out". It's fine to delete this directory if necessary. Clearing your cache will also remove this directory.
Ibishu Hopper w/ +30mm in the rear only, Ibishu Covet w/ +40 in the rear only:
Gavril H-Series before and after with +76.2mm:
Spaced Out: Wheel Spacers 22
Universal wheel spacer system. Fix your stance.