Considering most class 8 trucks in the 70s were offered with dozens of engine options from many manufacturers, the T-series seems a bit lacking with only the Gavril TCX. This Engine pack changes that, featuring 4 engines, including two stroke diesels, as well as a few transmissions for the T-series.
Added parts include:
- V8 and V12 two stroke diesels (with custom sounds from @Semi_Sound_Doctor ,and custom model)
- 2 I6 modern turbodiesels (with custom sounds from @Tronadorous)
- 10, 13 and 14 speed manual transmissions
- 6 speed automatic transmission
- 12 speed DCT transmissionCM D95-8 V8: A 12.5 liter 2-stroke V8 diesel. With twice as many power-strokes as a 4-stroke engine, the D95-8 generates plenty of power without the need for forced induction (other than a blower to help scavenging). However, it is available turbocharged for those who want a little more.
CM D95-12 V12: A 18.7 liter 2-stroke V12 diesel. With enormous displacement, this engine puts out enough power to move mountains, beating the most powerful Gavril engine by a fair margin. Don't expect good mileage from it though. Also, due to it's extremely high power, it is not suitable for use with automatic transmissions.
Jargl J730F I6: A 7.3 liter I6 turbo-diesel from Jargl. It's small displacement offers good efficiency, while modern turbochargers give it plenty of power despite it's size. However, it's still probably best suited for short haul vehicles, as it struggles at highway speeds.
Jargl J940B I6: A 9.4 liter I6 turbo-diesel from Jargl. Larger than the J730, it provides more power without sacrificing too much efficiency. It is much more capable with heavier loads, and can manage highway driving without much trouble.
Note: This mod is WIP, the Jargl engines do not have a custom model.
Beta T-series More Engines Mod 2.2
2-stroke power or modern efficiency