Stop! This mod is old; traffic is a real feature!
Watch this video to learn more!
Play with dynamic traffic on whatever map you want! Yes, you heard me right. With this nifty app, you can spawn in a bunch of cars (however many your PC can handle at once), and make them act like traffic. You can also use the Vehicles menu and hand pick your favorites for traffic! There are a handful of other settings to try, and some of them are a bit crazy. You'll be playing with this for hours!
This app was actually a lot of work. As of Version 1.1, I put in about 40 hours and 1200 lines of code into this baby. I even outsourced some beta testing (testers, don't forget to delete the old version!). While I made some breakthroughs, I also ran into several bugs that I honestly can't fix. So, a little warning! Some maps or situations may not work as expected! Read on:
Bugs & Glitches
- This mod doesn't really work anymore! See video above!
Well, this was gonna be a secret, but I can't contain myself. If you spawn in police cars as traffic, then they can chase and stop you! It's really cool. If I did it right, all stock police vehicles will work, and some custom ones, too! (The config file has to have "police" in its name.)
To use this app, subscribe or download it like normal, and then open the UI Apps menu while in Freeroam (press Esc). Click on the Plus symbol, then select "Traffic Tool" (scroll down). You should move it to a nice place on the screen. There, it's ready!
Here's a quick guide of the functions:
Special thanks to my beta testers, especially @crashmaster for the app idea and @fufsgfen for the detailed observations. Also, thanks to the community for the ideas, support, and... everything!
- Amount of Cars: Set the amount of vehicles that you want the app to spawn or delete. Avoid high numbers if your PC isn't the best.
- Select: Set the traffic group that the spawner uses. You can even mix and match groups with step by step spawning...
- Spawn: Spawn the amount of vehicles in front of you. Warning, freeze lag!
- Delete: Delete the amount of AI vehicles.
- Go: After adding new vehicles, click this to let the script work its magic. Traffic, activate!
- Speed Limit: Set the speed limit of traffic. It gets subtly affected by various road types (lower speeds on dirt roads). Metric or imperial?
- Respawn Rate: Set how often you want traffic to respawn dynamically. Higher values can give you more traffic encounters, and is recommended for maps with tight road layouts. Zero prevents all respawns!
- Color Mode: Specify how traffic vehicles get repainted after respawning. Unchanged: They don't. Standard: They get a nice vehicle color. Random: They get whatever color the RNG jester comes up with.
- AI Mode: Set the AI behavior. Normal is pretty much traffic, and the other crazy modes do what they say. Disabled will stop the traffic script from running.
- AI Awareness: Try my janky AI awareness mode. AI drivers will be aware of vehicles in front of them, and can pull over for emergency vehicles. This feature is a work in progress!
- Far Respawn: Try this option if you want AI vehicles to respawn much farther away than usual. Great for vast maps.
- Minimize: Yup, you can minimize the app if you want!
Discussion thread: https://www.beamng.com/threads/traffic-tool.60967/
Outdated Traffic Tool 1.2.1
It's here! Create dynamic traffic on almost any map!